AR15Armory.com

V.I. Governor gives NG right to seize guns and ammo

DanR

Point of Order, the Virgin Islands are legally considered Insular areas and have a different set of laws they follow, it's quite convoluted, but it's also legal to do what the Governor did.

See: http://dailycaller.com/2017/09/05/virgin-islands-allows-national-guard-to-seize-guns-ammo-ahead-of-hurricane-irma/

Try to seize mine and there will be dead guard members in the street. I may die but the stupid guard members who try to carry out this stupid and illegal order will also. Obviously this governor learned nothing from New Orleans.

See: http://dailycaller.com/2017/09/05/virgin-islands-allows-national-guard-to-seize-guns-ammo-ahead-of-hurricane-irma/

Try to seize mine and there will be dead guard members in the street. I may die but the stupid guard members who try to carry out this stupid and illegal order will also. Obviously this governor learned nothing from New Orleans.

I'm not saying it makes it any better, but the article say they would be confiscated the guns and ammo because

the government needs them to serve and protect. Apparently the pacifist government forget they may need guns and ammo

to function to keep the peace, so they are going to use the island's shooters at their Armory.

Like I said, it does not make it any better, but the intent does not seem to be to disarm the residents out of fear of an armed citizenry,

but because the government is not adequately prepared to uphold the Rule of Law.

It's kinda like the LA shootout where the cops went into the gun shops to get adequate weapons, but to my understanding the shop owners did it voluntarily, and those people were not left without the means to defend themselves by the cops.

That is truly an odd story. It is either total BS to cover up unconstitutional denial of rights, or the Virgin Island National Guard spent too much money on Jamacian weed, and Cuban Cigars, and not enough on guns and ammo.

But they do to different degrees, just not like the states do. It's all how the laws of each Territory are set up and what's been granted.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Insular_area

Once again, there is nothing unconstitutional going on here, VI, PR, Guam, dont fall under the protections of our Constitution.

Once again, there is nothing unconstitutional going on here, VI, PR, Guam, dont fall under the protections of our Constitution.

Quite contrary EVERYBODY falls under our Constitution Even illegal aliens ,this has been the entire PROBLEM !. Liberal turds placing all under their umbrella of protectionism . Now see if the Gov. of VI can walk on water with cement shoes ,if he can then the law stands ,if he can't let him rule from Neptune's lair !!!...

Quite contrary EVERYBODY falls under our Constitution Even illegal aliens ,this has been the entire PROBLEM !. Liberal turds placing all under their umbrella of protectionism . Now see if the Gov. of VI can walk on water with cement shoes ,if he can then the law stands ,if he can't let him rule from Neptune's lair !!!...

No, everybody in this country falls under the Constitution, VI, PR, and Guam along with some other places are not part of this country, it is a possession of this country, not the same thing. This is why they dont get to vote or have reps in congress. They have thier own government, and thier own rules.

Nope, they sure do not.

"The residents of all five of the larger insular areas enjoy many of the rights enjoyed by U.S. citizens in the 50 states. But some rights which, under the Constitution, are reserved for citizens residing in the states have not been extended to residents of the insular areas. For example, residents of the insular areas cannot vote in national elections, nor do they have voting representation in the final approval of legislation by the full Congress."

This is an excerpt from a GAO document.They are citizens and have all American rights that folks living in the 50 states do. With the exception of voting or nor are they represented by voting members of congress.

Link: http://www.gao.gov/archive/1998/og98005.pdf

You go ahead and head down there, and fit the governor with his new shoes, let us know how it works out for you. We'll wait.

"The residents of all five of the larger insular areas enjoy many of the rights enjoyed by U.S. citizens in the 50 states. But some rights which, under the Constitution, are reserved for citizens residing in the states have not been extended to residents of the insular areas. For example, residents of the insular areas cannot vote in national elections, nor do they have voting representation in the final approval of legislation by the full Congress."

This is an excerpt from a GAO document.They are citizens and have all American rights that folks living in the 50 states do. With the exception of voting or nor are they represented by voting members of congress.

Link: http://www.gao.gov/archive/1998/og98005.pdf

Also from the same GAO document

"Under the Insular Cases and subsequent decisions, rights other than fundamental rights, even though they may be stated in the Constitution, do not apply to the territories or possessions unless the Congress makes them applicable by legislation. The Congress can by law extend the coverage of the Constitution in part or in its entirety to a territory or possession, and has done so with respect to some territories. In the absence of such congressional action, however, only fundamental rights apply. The Insular Cases use the term “incorporated” to distinguish territories where all constitutional rights apply, because a statute has made them applicable, from “unincorporated” territories, where fundamental rights apply as a matter of law, but other constitutional rights are not available."

• Like 1

I remember Bill Orielly agreeing with this policy during emergencies. That is what really turned me against him.

And then he went on to say something to the effect no one needs an AK and went on blathering about registration but that the old lady with the 38 was good to go and needed her 38.

I am enjoying this conversation, I learned something here. Thanks.

Also from the same GAO document

"Under the Insular Cases and subsequent decisions, rights other than fundamental rights, even though they may be stated in the Constitution, do not apply to the territories or possessions unless the Congress makes them applicable by legislation. The Congress can by law extend the coverage of the Constitution in part or in its entirety to a territory or possession, and has done so with respect to some territories. In the absence of such congressional action, however, only fundamental rights apply. The Insular Cases use the term “incorporated” to distinguish territories where all constitutional rights apply, because a statute has made them applicable, from “unincorporated” territories, where fundamental rights apply as a matter of law, but other constitutional rights are not available."

If i lived there, regardless of whatever claim of legal rights the government claims I do or don't have, there would be an opening for a new Governor shortly.

For those that would like to misinterpret this as some sort of threat, it is not. I would totally write a strongly worded letter expressing my shock and horror at the harm that his policies and positions cause the people that he is supposed to be working for. It would be super convincing and appeal to his better moral nature, I'm sure he would be convinced to retire from politics immediately before his decisions could cause any more harm and leave even more people defenseless after a brutal storm.

I would then order some m118lr and a nice scope to celebrate.

The Governor of the V.I. appeared on Tucker's program tonight and stated that his order only allowed the AG of the National Guard to buy any equipment she may need that the guard did not have that is available for sale. He clearly stated that he did not have any right or authority to take any arms from any person. That is not how the order reads but it makes one wonder if he was just covering his south end of a north bound mule.

• Like 1