AR15Armory.com

Made it out of Florida with my gun collection

edteach

Irma was a nightmare. We thought it was going to be like a Nuke. We packed up my Gun and ammo collection some four safes and put them in a trailer last one I could get at the local Uhaul and headed out. Gas was a nightmare but we made it. Got to north Arkansas to stay with my brother. We were in the middle of buying a home and put our stuff in secure storage. I am over Florida. Its beautiful in winter but hot in summer. I know I am one of the old farts that come down to make it crowded but its wayyy too crowded in winter. Hurricanes are too crazy for us. Its like being stuck in and elevator and having to go to the bathroom trying to get out with several million others. I lived here in all of the 80s and for the past six years. Its time to move on. Florida is just too plastic banana for me anyway. I hope the best for the state but I am out. LOL.

• Like 1

I like the idea of TN or MO. Haven't been to either though so that's just me thinking out loud.

My wife's family live in KY. We are buying a home closing in Oct. in Bella Vista AR. Its just south of MO. Close to Eureka Springs and Branson. We love Branson and the shows and ES is the most unique place you can go. You have to experience it to know. Bella Vista has a nice out door shooting range for members 80 bucks a year. The association dues are only 25 bucks a month. Its a cooper development just like Hot Springs Village. The dues there are 65 a month but they have maned gates. Bella Vista is a great demographics and very low crime. Next to Bentonville where you have Walmart HQ and Rogers where you have Tyson HQ and Springdale where you have Hunt Trucking HQ. So the area is doing well. Prices on homes have went up but not too bad yet.

My wifes boss wanted to know why she was not flying back to Tampa and going to work. LOL. To be fair her boss is an idiot. It will take a least a weak to get things back to normal. She works in Title. I would think it would be a few weeks before homes are being sold.

I like the idea of TN or MO. Haven't been to either though so that's just me thinking out loud.

Personally I absolutely love Tennessee,yes I am biased but if you look at the company's moving here, no state tax, below avg property taxes and some of the nation's fastest growing counties. Our gun laws are geared towards its citizens, not the criminal. We have 4 seasons although not much snow. Only a couple months of high heat, 90s but none of the 100s with air that you wear. Winters are pretty mild and spring and Fall are about perfect. If you want mountains then head East, more flat then West. I live in middle TN so I have more rolling hills. It is not the TN that is portrayed of old. Lol, our family trees have branches. You can live in 5 million dollar homes or 60k homes, depending on your taste and wealth.

Come on over, we would love to have you.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Good riddance.....LOL. Sorry it didnt work out for you. I was away for 10 years and man did Jacksonville grow. Traffic is a bear sometimes but its that way in any city. If you get out of the cities here its just like any place in the country. Quiet living, good people, low crime. I do hate the heat especially because I work outside but manage to slug thru it. We are actually experiencing some nice "winter weather, as much as we experience winter here anyway. A couple of freezes and several frosts, temps actually lower than normal for this time of the year. Being the first of Feb, we may have a couple of more cold spells and then its back to summer for 9 months. Thanks for A/C. I dont know how people did it before, especially before screen windows.

I hope you enjoy your new place!

• 1 year later...