newbe

I shouldn't have, but I did...

Picked up a couple of STI 1911's and 2011's off the table to try out at the suppressor shoot yesterday.

STI had a booth set up and was demoing their 1911 and 2011 style pistols. Damn they shot nice. I especially liked the 9mm premier model with the gray grips. It shot EXTREMELY nice!

I like the 9mm 1911s. Smooth shooting cheap ammo is a great combo.

While not necessarily in the STI class, I bought my wife an RIA 9mm 1911. Man oh man does that shoot nice. I like it so much, I want one for myself now.

While not necessarily in the STI class, I bought my wife an RIA 9mm 1911. Man oh man does that shoot nice. I like it so much, I want one for myself now.

Really....

Care to share where you got it and the price?

I like the 9mm 1911s. Smooth shooting cheap ammo is a great combo.

I agree. The heavy gun and the 9mm round shoot pretty dang soft!

Really....

2 years ago I picked up a batch of closeout RIA 9mm's for $299. I put them in the stores at $399 with the intent to buy one for myself and then put them in an ad. Then I got busy in Indiana and Illinois setting up new stores and they fell to the back of my mind. When I got unbusy I went to pick one up and we had sold every last one of them. Last year I bought all they had of a 10mm closeout for $349 and made my purchase the day they arrived at the store. I put the rest into a sale flier at $449 and I had stores give out 30 rainchecks that I couldn't honor. But I had mine so that was all that mattered.

Really....

My favorite shop in the town where I work. I disremember the price, but I'm pretty sure it was under $500. I think it was around $450. I thought you shot it at the last campout... maybe not. Hers could have a lighter trigger, it's around 5 pounds, but it's very crisp. Sights aren't anything special, just target black rear, and white dot front.

The more I shoot it, the more I like it. Fast recovery shot to shot, because of the weight there is little recoil anyway... it just flat shoots. It's a completely different animal than a 1911 in .45. It's amazing how different it feels to shoot, what a difference it makes.

2 years ago I picked up a batch of closeout RIA 9mm's for $299. I put them in the stores at $399 with the intent to buy one for myself and then put them in an ad. Then I got busy in Indiana and Illinois setting up new stores and they fell to the back of my mind. When I got unbusy I went to pick one up and we had sold every last one of them. Last year I bought all they had of a 10mm closeout for $349 and made my purchase the day they arrived at the store. I put the rest into a sale flier at $449 and I had stores give out 30 rainchecks that I couldn't honor. But I had mine so that was all that mattered.

Nice. Sounds like an Armory buy is in the future! :laugh:

My favorite shop in the town where I work. I disremember the price, but I'm pretty sure it was under $500. I think it was around $450. I thought you shot it at the last campout... maybe not. Hers could have a lighter trigger, it's around 5 pounds, but it's very crisp. Sights aren't anything special, just target black rear, and white dot front.

The more I shoot it, the more I like it. Fast recovery shot to shot, because of the weight there is little recoil anyway... it just flat shoots. It's a completely different animal than a 1911 in .45. It's amazing how different it feels to shoot, what a difference it makes.

I was pretty impressed with the one I shot. Only thing I didn't like was the fact it was a single stack. Not what I'd want for CC or self defense.

I was pretty impressed with the one I shot. Only thing I didn't like was the fact it was a single stack. Not what I'd want for CC or self defense.

If you can't solve it with 9+1 rounds of 9mm, you need an extra magazine. Not everything has to be a 75 round capacity wonderpistol.

If you can't solve it with 9+1 rounds of 9mm, you need an extra magazine. Not everything has to be a 75 round capacity wonderpistol.

Or......

Just have a double stack that holds 18 in each magazine. :segrin:

Or......

Just have a double stack that holds 18 in each magazine. :segrin:

Or just carry 2 single stacks.... :laugh:

Well damn. I had to dig around the interwebz for double stack 9s....and look what i found.

https://www.remington.com/handguns/model-1911-r1/1911-r1-recon-commander-double-stack

I might have to get one since its the best of both worlds.

Look up STI

Or just carry 2 single stacks.... :laugh:

"I got one for each of ya"