towtruck

Prep station goodness

Okay, my shop is still so cluttered up I can't get to the bench and use my lathe like I do for a prep station. I put my thinking cap on and bolted an old Sears drill press stand to a board. I cut a hole in the board slightly bigger than my case trimmer. I chucked up the case trimmer and my old drill. A zip tie on the trigger is fully adjustable for speed and I clamped it all down on my reloading desk. I first ran the Tri-way cutter and cut 1000 pieces of brass to length then I chucked up the primer pocket cutter and did all the pockets. The cutter tool sits recessed in the board so you don't catch yourself on it and it directs the chip of brass downward into a box on the floor.

Here is the Tri-way......not a bad set up if I do say so myself.

ZA2mOBk.jpg

• Like 2

You never cease to amaze me TT! :thumb:

All you need is one of these and a board......https://www.ebay.com/p/General-Tools-Accudrill-Precision-Drill-Guide-36-37/1500669901?iid=302521476684

It works really well and I cannot believe I did not put this together sooner.

Pretty cool idea. Not expensive either!

All you need is one of these and a board......https://www.ebay.com/p/General-Tools-Accudrill-Precision-Drill-Guide-36-37/1500669901?iid=302521476684

It works really well and I cannot believe I did not put this together sooner.

Very nice TT.

I was going to ask you to take a pic from below to see what you had the drill mounted to. This answers that question. Slick.

Too damn smart and cool. Love it. Once again, a shining example of those crazy ingenuous Americans. Good job.