Sign in to follow this  
MontanaLon

PMR-30, one followed me home

Didn't really need it but that is not a valid reason to not buy a gun. Something about 30 rounds of ammo in a package that weighs less than a loaded AR magazine that seems kind of handy. Not expecting tack driving accuracy out of it but I ordered a mini red dot mount for it and will look at the Vortex Venom maybe to out on it.

Might be my new rabbit gun. If I can't hit them sitting I have 29 rounds to hit them running.

Great gun. Amazingly light.

It weighs 2 ounces less than 1/3 of what my Ruger MKIII Hunter weighs and holds 3 times the ammo. I can see it being some serious fun and way less work than carrying a shotgun around the swamp.

Congratulations !

Would like to see a range report and some tales of the hunt....

Congrats on the new pistol.

Everybody is getting a new gun but me.

I thought those were the coolest guns when I saw them online. But they were in short supply, nowhere to be found.

When I finally held one, it was just a bit too bulky for my hands.

A range report would be great!

I thought those were the coolest guns when I saw them online. But they were in short supply, nowhere to be found.

When I finally held one, it was just a bit too bulky for my hands.

A range report would be great!

I'd be very interested. 22mag makes it a no-go for me (ammo cost/availability vs 22 lr vs performance of 9mm) but a cool pistol none the less.

So the Vortex Venom followed me home today as well. I was concerned the lack of elevation adjustment in the iron sights would be a problem so now I can adjust to my hearts content.

I may have to take it to Michigan and see if I can pop a bunny or squirrel with it. Heck if I can find a grouse sitting in a tree out of shotgun range it would be perfect.

gallery_13758_205_632595.png

The rifle version is great. Mine is quite accurate. The pistol should make a great rabbit gun.

I didn’t see this thread before. Congratulations Lon, on the pistol, and now on the RMR.

I was watching Hickock45’s video of this gun. It looks like a fun gun to shoot. Nice fireball out the end of the barrel.

Arent those a different caliber of 22? I dont know much about them.