Sign in to follow this  
MadeInUSA

CMP 1911 Sales: How To Order

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2017/12/robert-farago/how-to-buy-a-1911-from-the-civilian-marksmanship-program/

The gun will be shipped to your local FFL.

Basically, mail in your order, your then put on the list and a random name picker will select a few names. Youll be contacted by CMP with the current grades and pricing. 1 1911 per person per calender year.

Plus a lot of hoops to jump through. Pain in the as s. To me it looked like way more trouble that it is worth. I have my father's 1911 from WWII in perfect condition plus two more (Springfield and Wilson Combat). Good enough.

Yes, sounds like a lot of hoops. I have enough 1911s, including a Colt made in 1913 that I bought off of a friend. Used to belong to his grandfather.

Actually, you can never have enough but I'm happy with what I have.

As much as I'd like to have one 'm not willing to jump through flaming hoops to get there.

Don't get me wrong. I like CMP and have gotten a Garand and ammo from them. This deal? Not so much.

• Like 1

Don't get me wrong. I like CMP and have gotten a Garand and ammo from them. This deal? Not so much.

And pickles- I want one anyway

Its nice to see this program moving ahead albeit slow as hell. I realize it will take CMP a while to inspect and grade these pistols and ready them for sale. Prices are to me are too expensive and unless some actual combat/service history is given to justify the $850 rack (worst condition) grade pricing. Max allotment per year is 10/k and this years is only 8K. Not exactly "flooding" the market but after all are sold then flood may indeed be the right term.

Anyone interested in getting into the lottery for the first 8K has to jump thru the normal CMP hoops plus you have to work with an FFL for background checks like any other handgun. Order forms may be submitted between Sept 4 and Oct 4. All orders postmarked out of this window will be destroyed. After selection, you state which grade you want and pay. If your lottery number is high you may not get the grade you wish as these are random picks to begin with. If I understand the article if you dont get in the first 8K you are assigned a number for the next years allotment.

I think I will keep shopping locally myself.

http://thecmp.org/cmp_sales/1911-information/

I would LOVE to have one of the service grade pistols, but i just can't do the $1050. :kickcan:

I'm hoping someone else will jump through those hoops, flood the market with CMP 1911s, and I'll pick one up at the gun store that's been traded in...