Sign in to follow this  
gshayd

the little crapper that couldn't

Lol, hey, when you gotta go, you gotta go. Dosn't matter if your on the ground or 30,000 ft.

Theres a reason we check waste and water levels before every flight. Im thinking someone failed to regard one of those placards in the lav and threw something in there they shouldnt have.

OK first of all the story is ill informed.

Its an FAA regulation that the toilets have to be working and can't be full. I've been on more than one flight that had to touch down in an alternate airport to fix the John. Last time, they stopped in Kansas City and parked us at a closed Terminal where the passengers got off to us the toilets but nothing else was opened. It happens all the time. That flight was late night so delayed and there was a steady stream of passengers using the restroom. It filled up mid-flight so they had to stop and pump out, which created another two hour delay.

Tj

all I could think of after reading this was national lampoons Christmas vacation. where quaid is outside pumping his tank down the sewer, saying " the sh1tter's full" :laugh:

• Like 2

Just reach out the window, pull the string and let it rain.... kinda like people do with their travel trailers.

Its an FAA regulation that the toilets have to be working and can't be full. I've been on more than one flight that had to touch down in an alternate airport to fix the John. Last time, they stopped in Kansas City and parked us at a closed Terminal where the passengers got off to us the toilets but nothing else was opened. It happens all the time. That flight was late night so delayed and there was a steady stream of passengers using the restroom. It filled up mid-flight so they had to stop and pump out, which created another two hour delay.

Tj

This. I was delayed on a flight from DC to Detroit for several hours because the lavs didn't work. DC to Detroit is one of those flights where the pilot comes on the intercom and says, "We have reached cruising altitude and I have turned off the fasten seatbelt lights. Please remain seated and fasten your seatbelts while we begin our descent into Detroit." The plane literally spends more time taxiing on the ground at the 2 airports than it does in the air. But the lavs were broken so we all had to wait hours while it got fixed because "FAA rules".

Tj

Actually, that isn't true. If they are not working they can all be deferred. It's up to the airlines to set policy in regards to working lavatories. There is no such FAR. There is a substantial amount of "mis-speaking" and double talk that you hear from gate agents and flight attendants especially. They will often just make stuff up out of thin air just to calm people down. In other words, they lie to you as passengers all the time. Late flights crews, FAA regulations, weather delays are frequent excuses used by customer service personnel to de-escalate things around a gate when a flight gets delayed. In reality, very rarely do passengers ever get the actual story because usually it's none of those reasons - it's something that places the entirety of fault on the air carrier itself. That isn't something they like to admit.

Edited by Sorceress 21
  • Like 1