Sign in to follow this  
CelticMonster

80% Lower Laws

Anyone know the regs for these? I saw that deal that Flesh Wound posted, $33 for a lower is pretty hard to pass up. But, I dont know where to get it milled since I dont have a drill press or what the laws are for them.

Anyone know the regs for these? I saw that deal that Flesh Wound posted, $33 for a lower is pretty hard to pass up. But, I dont know where to get it milled since I dont have a drill press or what the laws are for them.

Law is you must mill it yourself. If someone else were to mill it for you then it becomes an illegal manufacture and transfer. You do it yourself and it is good to go.

Expect gmor to be along to tell you why and how they will be outlawed at some point in the future as "low hanging fruit".

Law is you must mill it yourself. If someone else were to mill it for you then it becomes an illegal manufacture and transfer. You do it yourself and it is good to go.

Expect gmor to be along to tell you why and how they will be outlawed at some point in the future as "low hanging fruit".

Gmor is a low hanging fruit.

They are perfectly legal, though I wouldn't jump on one just to save a few bucks. If, for some reason you don't want a serial number on your gun, or just don't want the gooberment to know you have it, then it might be a good idea. There are companies that make jigs that you can use with a router as well. If someone has a mill and assists you, as long as you're doing the work, you're all right. I would get in touch with someone with a good solid drill press, and then have them walk you through using it. They can set it up, tell you what to do, but you have to be the one putting steel to aluminum and actually completing the receiver.

Thats probably the best (and legally necessary) option.

Pepper, good to hear from you Sir. Been quite a while.

Yes it has brother, glad you're back.