MontanaLon

Ruger Precision Rimfire

Jeebus. That thing is even uglier than the Ruger pistol caliber carbine somebody else posted.

• Like 2

OOoooo...I kind of like it. If they offered it with a fast twist barrel I'd be on it like stink!

Is there a 10/22 HMR?

Nope. The only 17's they make are various models of American bolt guns, and a Single-Six.

The ruger rimfire is mag compatible with the 10/22. Without a 10/22 mag they need to get creative. Hurrah, another proprietary mag.

Jeebus. That thing is even uglier than the Ruger pistol caliber carbine somebody else posted.

I agree it fugly

Form follows function. It comes with a 30 MOA rail, my guess is in .17 HMR that would get it to 600 yards. LMAO.top.jpg

Form follows function. It comes with a 30 MOA rail, my guess is in .17 HMR that would get it to 600 yards. LMAO.top.jpg

I've shot mine out to 400. Never any further. :laugh:

Ruger is really kicking butt with their lineup for the last few years. This looks pretty cool, their re-release of the PC9 looks cool, their budget bolt guns are pretty nice and in popular calibers, they are getting into the suppressor market INCLUDING integral models which very few other big OEMs produce...

I'm looking forward to what they bring out at SHOT this year.

Dang it! I'm starting to hear it call to me. Just a little.

Terry

The ruger rimfire is mag compatible with the 10/22. Without a 10/22 mag they need to get creative. Hurrah, another proprietary mag.

I'd be happy with a 77/17 mag. Really don't need more than 10 rounds.

For sure. I love the 10 round rotary mags.

Emailed my guy at Ruger and he said it is a natural evolution but will depend on the ability to meet demand on the 22LR version.

I have stayed on him about doing the Precision in .22-250 with a 1 in 7 twist barrel and haven't seen that yet so my hopes aren't real high. But damn when they do the .17HMR I will have my new squirrel rifle.

It's too bad that they didn't design it to accept 10/22 barrels. That would have been too sweet to pass up.