Steelborn1

Franklin Armory Rotary Tumbler

Picked one of these up at Cabelas today. We'll see how it does.009dc20a1455df07278fe95ac9bff93b.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Awesome! Let us know how it works.

For a short guy you sure have some orangutan looking toes.

I have one. It works great but is very noisy.

I've got one of their vibrating case cleaners, have had it for years. Their gear works great.

I bought a S.S. Pin tumbler several years back. Not the same brand as yours, Steelborn1, but the same concept/process. I love it. Cleaned one batch of brass and gave my vibratory cleaner to a gal down the road who makes jewelry. I never looked back and thought about using the vibratory tumbler again. I clean 7different calibers and it makes'em all look brand new. You'll love your tumbler.................I'll almost guarantee it!

That is the one I have. Also have the media pick up magnet. Great tools. I use this for all of my rifle brass. Still using regular tumbler for pistol. It will take a few turns to figure out how separating the media from the water that works best for you. I use an old kitchen mesh strainer into a bucket.

This is the kit I bought. https://tinyurl.com/yckgpjxb The separator works great for getting the water off/out of the brass. Then I put it on tray in a toaster oven at 150 degrees for 30 minutes. I can go straight to the reloading bench with no fear of water contamination.

I'm waiting for the new Hornady media separator to hit the stores. It's overdue according to Midway.

707560.jpg

I've had a frankford arsenal tumbler for about 7 years. The bowl cracked on it and started spilling media all over my bench. I decided it was time to upgrade.

That's what I like about mine. It's a rubber liner in a steel tumbler. Lifetime warranty.

I should have added this earlier. The biggest issue I have with the Franklin tumbler is clean up after it does it's thing. I use the strainers on the ends of the drum to get the water and pins out. I pour them into a 5 gallon bucket. Then I run water though the tumbler to rinse out the soap and some of the remaining pins again using the bucket to catch the water soap and pins.

Once I'm satisfied the brass has been rinsed well I'll then pour the brass onto the counter top onto a towel. I then rake my hands through the brass to shake out any remaining pins. Then I let the brass air dry.

Lastly I'll drain out the bucket and recover the pins. That magnetic gadget is the ticket for this job once you've got most of the pins poured back into the drum.

It sounds like a lot of work but honestly after you've done this a few times you'll have it down.

i've been looking at the same one, just don't want to spend the money atm. so i have using the kids small rock tumbler for now. can't do large batches but it is doing a great job. i dry them in an old dehydrater.

i've been looking at the same one, just don't want to spend the money atm. so i have using the kids small rock tumbler for now. can't do large batches but it is doing a great job. i dry them in an old dehydrater.

I still use my old Harbor Fright rock tumbler for cleaning small batches. Works fine.

I've got that exact one. Love it.