edteach

Looking for some S109 bullets 223

I reload and am looking for a place to buy a few S109 223 bullets. Not sure how the law works but from what I understand bullets are not cartridges and to buy and sell not restricted. Loaded rounds that are considered armor piercing can not be sold but can be owned and shot. Want to put a few things away that may be banned in future so I am looking for some of the S109 or other types of rounds the gov may go after.

I will say this, M855/SS109 projectiles ARE NOT classified as AP (armor piercing) ammo.

They do not meet the definition of armor piercing ammunition. As far as banning ammo like M855/SS109, they tried that already and failed.

They tried to reclassify it as armor piercing ammo.

Armor piercing ammunition

18 U.S.C., § 921(a)(17)(B)

•A projectile or projectile core which may be used in a handgun and which is constructed entirely (excluding the presence of traces of other substances)

from one or a combination of tungsten alloys, steel, iron, brass, bronze, beryllium copper, or depleted uranium; or

•A full jacketed projectile larger than .22 caliber designed and intended for use in a handgun and whose jacket has a weight of more than 25 percent of

the total weight of the projectile.

The term “armor piercing ammunition” does not include shotgun shot required by Federal or State environmental or game regulations for hunting

purposes, a frangible projectile designed for target shooting, a projectile which the Attorney General finds is primarily intended to be used

for sporting purposes, or any other projectile or projectile core which the Attorney General finds is intended to be used for industrial purposes,

including a charge used in an oil and gas well perforating device.

ATF AP Classified Rounds

•All KTW, ARCANE, and THV ammo

•Czech made 9mm Para. with steel core

•German made 9mm Para. with steel core

•MSC .25 ACP with brass bullet

•BLACK STEEL armor and metal piercing ammunition

•7.62mm NATO AP and SLAP

•PMC ULTRAMAG with brass bullet (not copper)

•OMNISHOCK .38 Special with steel core

•7.62×39 ammo with steel core bullets

ATF Exempted Rounds

•5.56 SS109 and M855 NATO rounds, with steel penetrator tip.

•.30-06 M2 AP ammo

Edited by TackleberryMCS