calebj06

WTB: higher power scope for long distance shooting

Im looking at buy a new scope. Something higher power than my current 4-12.

Maybe a 5-20 ish range.

Something that would be nice for long distance target shooting. Decent reticle. FFP would be great.

Fixed power would be ok as well.

Anyone have something they are considering selling?

Caleb.

I would check out samplelist.com. Its SWFAs used/demo section. Basically, folks can trade in their old optic and get store credit towards a new one. They look at every optic and ensure functionality then put it on the secondary site.

Theres a Vortex PST 6-24 FFP gen 1(MOA) on there now for $700. Its a B grade which means it has very slight wear marks.

https://samplelist.com/vortex-6-24x50-viper-pst-30mm-rifle-scope-demo-b-10.html

Plus its a Vortex, VIP warranty!

I saw that one earlier. And Im madly in love with it, and I know its a fair price, but something in me wants to stay below $500. And I fully understand thats gonna be tough to do.

Just hoping that someone has an older scope or maybe a fixed power 15x or something that they just dont use or need anymore.

If nothing pops up in the next few months I will save up and get a vortex like that one.

I saw that one earlier. And Im madly in love with it, and I know its a fair price, but something in me wants to stay below $500. And I fully understand thats gonna be tough to do.

Just hoping that someone has an older scope or maybe a fixed power 15x or something that they just dont use or need anymore.

If nothing pops up in the next few months I will save up and get a vortex like that one.

Look at the SWFA SS series.

T-Rex in the sniper 101 videos goes into them a little bit. No frills, but glass is good and the tracking is spot on.

Is 6x40 adjustable zoom, w 1/8 MOA dot reticle good enough?

Is 6x40 adjustable zoom, w 1/8 MOA dot reticle good enough?

Im interested. Shoot me a PM with some more details.

Edited by calebj06

Only thing i have that i would consider getting rid of is my carl zies diavari z but i think it is a 3-12x56 power ffp.

Only thing i have that i would consider getting rid of is my carl zies diavari z but i think it is a 3-12x56 power ffp.

Thx. Im looking for more than 12x

that what i figured unless you want a millet that goes up to 25 power. Actually i just thought about it, i have a leupold varix 3 similar to below but gloss

https://www.leupold.com/scopes/compact-scopes/vx-3i-6-5-20x40mm-efr-cds-target

What reticule in the lupy?

And what is the millet? Im not biased against cheap stuff.

What reticule in the lupy?

And what is the millet? Im not biased against cheap stuff.

the leupold is at the shop, so i dont have it in-front of me and the millet has mildot reticle with moa adjustments. I do not remember if it was illuminated or not. I have the original box for it. When I get home ill grab the leupold and send you speciifcs. Edited by hzhardy

I have a Vortex 6-24 never used scope for $250.00 look in the Non sales FFL area. Since Planet Optics has the new one for $277.00 I will knock it down to $220 for you

http://ar15armory.com/forums/topic/183600-okay-peoples-step-up-and-save-you-some-5000-on-a-scopestill-for-sale/

Edited by gshayd

I have a Vortex 6-24 never used scope for $250.00 look in the Non sales FFL area. Since Planet Optics has the new one for $277.00 I will knock it down to $220 for you

http://ar15armory.com/forums/topic/183600-okay-peoples-step-up-and-save-you-some-5000-on-a-scopestill-for-sale/

Oh man. Thats tough on a guy!!

Its usually $299

Here are some pics of the millet.

It has mil turrets and mil reticle that is illuminated. The picture show the damage areas from getting banged around my safe ect. I have to original box as it is required for the life time warranty. I would like 220 shipped.

8fdde3c9af496dfd742436b74684e71d.jpgb45ae63dd9b0e870b00cfbee8d5dff61.jpgcf8f78f956a125ebf44a2a7d9cd95f92.jpg150ea1daf75d9771867be8a405e477df.jpgc89a41ba625bc3fd97466e17b8a736fb.jpg58aea2aa6c62b39c2da1507b811c6aad.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk