AR15Armory.com

CCW question

edteach

I lived in Florida for several years. Got my CCW and its good till 2019 end of year so I have two years. I moved out of state and my new state recognizes my fl lisc. I was told don't apply for an Arkansas lisc until your close to the exp date and save the money for two years. This got me to thinking, I called to change my address on my lisc. so I am good. Why not just renew my Fla lisc when the time comes. How would I do this. It would have to be on line of phone. Is this possible and what is the cost?

Most states it takes six months to establish permanent residency. After that I want all my ID's to match. Pulled over by Deputy Bubba in Podunk Arkansas carrying a gun is the wrong time to go into a legal discussion on state reciprocal agreements and why your CCW and Driver's licenses don't match. Some of those rural guys their legal training is uncle Bob got me the job. He's going to let the judge sort it out. There's technically legal and there there's not a good idea.

Besides, you may learn a few things in a CCW class that are unique to Arkansas. My eight hour class here was one hour of gun safety and seven of when you can, carry, pull and use your gun in TN. I had carried guns in seven states before then and still learned a hell of a lot. The actual tests and shooting test was nothing but I'd paid for the class even if I didn't get me a license. Find a good class.

Tj

I lived in Florida for several years. Got my CCW and its good till 2019 end of year so I have two years. I moved out of state and my new state recognizes my fl lisc. I was told don't apply for an Arkansas lisc until your close to the exp date and save the money for two years. This got me to thinking, I called to change my address on my lisc. so I am good. Why not just renew my Fla lisc when the time comes. How would I do this. It would have to be on line of phone. Is this possible and what is the cost?

If FL has your new address, they will send you a renewal when the time comes. Just renew it.

Some state won't honor your FL CCW unless you live in FL, so getting an AR permit is worth it too.