Chris645

New scope on the way

I just ordered a Nikon Buckmaster 4-12x40 for load development with my AR. I presently have a Nikon 1-4 on it now in a 223 one-piece mount. Will my 223 mount work with the new scope or am I going to have to wait until I can afford a new mount for the Buckmaster?

I believe so, but my concern was the distance between the rings.

I believe so, but my concern was the distance between the rings.

Distance between rings shouldn't be an issue. The only scope that I've ever had a problem like that with is my Leatherwood 4-16x50 Angled Top Focus, and that is only because they beefed up the area around the turret housing. I ended up getting a low profile long riser so I could use regular rings and space them out.

AvnntlI.jpg

No problem like that with the Buckmaster. Not that fancy or expensive. segrin.gif

I just ordered a Nikon Buckmaster 4-12x40 for load development with my AR. I presently have a Nikon 1-4 on it now in a 223 one-piece mount. Will my 223 mount work with the new scope or am I going to have to wait until I can afford a new mount for the Buckmaster?

C'mon man. Do some measurements. Driving me crazy. Gotta know. :laugh:

Yes, same diameter. I just don't know if the space between my rings is enough for the elev/wind knobs. I'll just have to wait unless someone on the forum has that scope and the Nikon 223 mount.

Edited by Chris645

Seriously? Have you taken a good look at both the M-223 mount and that scope? :yukyuk: There's a ton of room between the rings!

You may have to mount it as far forward as you can on the receiver and in the rings to get the eye relief right, but relax about having enough room.

null.jpg743-nikon-m223-ar-mount-d2-700_1.jpg

22414169133_cc0aee9a50_c.jpg

*Just yanking your chain. :lol:

Edited by Longhair
  • Like 1

Yank my chain all you want............I'm the one who laid it out there to yank! hysterical3.gif

You're probably correct. I'm just being a worry wart. Scope is on back order. Will just chut-up and wait-n-see!

Yup, you will have zero issues using your M-223 1 piece mount on your 4-12. Here's a pic of my M-223 mount and 3-12 scope. Works great.

M-2233-12RAT1.jpg

Why will I have zeroing issues???

• Like 1

LOL, you will have zero as in no problem's using that mount and your scope.

If you use Spot On make sure you measure mid bore to mod scope and enter that info.,

Don't know what "spot on" means, bman.

hysterical3.gifchuckle.gifsegrin.gifbellylaf.gif My flip phone isn't smart enough for that! Nor am I !!!bellylaf.gifsegrin.gifchuckle.gifhysterical3.gif

Edited by Chris645
  • Like 1