Sign in to follow this  
calebj06

New Camper upgrades.

Well I pulled our new rig out of storage on Friday and we have been loading her up this weekend. Last fall I had purchased a few small upgrades but ran out of time to get them installed. So today I tackled it and Im very happy.

Not sure how many of you have camped with small kids in a travel trailer but opening and closing the door is a difficult if not dangerous task.

So I found this little gizmo.

The stromberg EZ open handle

40562fb5d23dd9c862e7618f7d67a0e7.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/Stromberg-Carlson-AZ-325-Open-Assist/dp/B00G6UNXA2

This is designed so that the kids dont have to go up the steps and then back down to clear the door. Also reduces the risk of the kids getting knocked off the steps by someone coming out the door.

Ive got a video of my 5 year old testing the difference of the old way vs the new.

I was a little nervous about drilling holes in my door but overall it was easy enough and Im happy with it. The kids really like how easy it is and the wife likes it too. (Shes only 5 tall).

Second mod was the camco self store save-a-step.

The spongy last step on this trailer was driving me crazy. It was enough to make you feel uneasy when your sands were full or you werent fully paying attention to the steps.

Being me I decided to add not just one brace but 2! One for each side. My steps were really soft when you stepped on the edges and I didnt want a single center brace to make that even worse. They are fully adjustable and they lock up out of the way when not needed.

4702c9a353260b285d97112061b97f23.jpgd57fc3baafba3bb88001a8fd0ba2b8c3.jpg

Camco 43671 Self-Stor Step https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0024ECHII/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_pigNAb4X797DF

These were super easy to install. Drill two holes and tighten them down. They really lock up tight when in the storage position too. Well worth it to me. Makes me feel better about the wife not falling out of the Camper while pregnant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by calebj06

Those are pretty neat. I am just about ready to do a final sweep of my trailer and make up the bed. I will be dragging it up to the property around the end of the month if the weather holds. I have to give it a wax once the weather clears up again and it will be ready to go. I can't wait to test out the new generator this year.

Wait till you get to be old and see what doors can do to you... :lol:

Nice Caleb, that door handle is WAY cool !

That door handle is a good idea.

Your little one has that handled!!!

Great upgrades. I've done similar stuff to our 5'vr.

Added another one today. I was tired of all my odds and ends stuff just laying in my front storage. Mainly my bars for things like manual slide out operation, spare tire tool,and crank down jacks. Everything on this rig is powered so these tools are for just in case.

Then there are things like hot dog sticks and a small yard flag.

This stuff is just everywhere and ends up on the bottom of the pile.

So I found these little rails with clips on them today at Lowe’s. $9 each. I picked up one set but I’m gonna go back and get a second set I like them so much.

One set has 4 rows of clips. I doubled some things up and have 3 wrenches, 4 hotdog sticks, and the little flag all on one set. 1bf8954da7612e7db92e62088a64d472.jpg

The next set is gonna hold 3 tiki torches and an umbrella I believe. I really like how organized things are.

My biggest struggle is organization so thing like this are a big deal for me.

Caleb

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk