Sign in to follow this  
meh77gmc

Finally got a new gun!

I swear it feels like it's been fourty forevers since I've bought a gun. In fact, the last gun I got was a Para 1911 as a Christmas present from an uncle two Decembers ago. Today that changed. Ive been jonesing for another plinking rimfire and finally found what I wanted in stock at a LGS. I picked up a new Ruger Mark IV 22/45 in a sort of light metallic blue & black two-tone. I brought it home, cleaned it and put about 125 rounds through it after sighting it in. Using Federal Auto-match ammo, I had no failures of any kind. I love how this thing feels like a 1911 in the hand! Very smart move Ruger. Also, they eliminated the cumbersome takedown process that the older Mark versions were plagued with. Now you cock it, put it on safe and press a single button. It comes apart faster than a Glock. Major improvement over the old ones.

I also ordered a Vortex Venom red-dot from OpticsPlanet for $206 out the door. It's gonna probably pull double duty between this pistol and the 10/22 my little boy likes shooting with me.

Sorry no pics y'all, because I can't remember my armory password to log on the pc where I can do pics.

Anyway, I'm just excited and wanted to share.

Mike

ETA: link to stock photo of my pistol...

https://ruger.com/products/markIV2245Lite/models.html

Edited by meh77gmc
  • Like 1

Congratulations on your new range toy..

I like it !

Matt

:dance-hula-smiley:

Congrats on the new gun.

Everybody is getting a new gun but me.

Those are really nice. I have one of the pre-historic Mark 1's made in 1952.

Congrats. That's a fine pistolo mang!

Congratulations !

Your boy will be shooting that with his boy someday !

:thumb: Great feeling isn't it? Better watch it....it is known to be addictive. :shifty:

Looking forward to an accuracy assessment. I've had my standard auto since the 70's, and it's never let me down.

I have always been a student of the long gun discipline, and never really cared about actually learning handgun accuracy until about a year ago. So, any accuracy assessment I might have will have to be viewed with the knowledge that I am an amateur of the "use this to fight your way back to your rifle, that you shouldn't have left behind anyway" gun.

Mike

Congrats

Very Cool !! sweet little pistol!....threaded barrel too.......do we see a suppressor in your future???