Sign in to follow this  
meh77gmc

You guys are bad on my wallet

I got tired of living vicariously through y'all and finally bought a can for my rimfires. I couldn't take it anymore. So, I bought a Dead Air Mask 22hd to put on the Mark IV 22/45 Now the wait begins.

I guess I could use the wait time to save up the $$$ for a threaded 10/22 barrel and to have my 17hmr barrel threaded.

Please don't tell my wife! She has no idea, and I'd like to keep it that way.

Mike

• Like 1

Congratulations.

I need to get my 22/45 threaded, but I can't find someone local to do it.

Congratulations Mike. It's gonna be a lot of fun.

I've been getting weaker here lately too. I can't just yet, but hopefully in the next couple years.

Congrats

I got tired of living vicariously through y'all and finally bought a can for my rimfires. I couldn't take it anymore. So, I bought a Dead Air Mask 22hd to put on the Mark IV 22/45 Now the wait begins.

I guess I could use the wait time to save up the $$$ for a threaded 10/22 barrel and to have my 17hmr barrel threaded.

Please don't tell my wife! She has no idea, and I'd like to keep it that way.

Mike

i can help you with your .17hmr wink wink lol. My 22 can is my favorite NFA investment second to my SOT.

Congratulations.

I need to get my 22/45 threaded, but I can't find someone local to do it.

is it a bull barrel?

Congrats on the can.

is it a bull barrel?

Yes. I hope to get it done local so i can watch.

Yes. I hope to get it done local so i can watch.

We can do Facebook live lol, to be honest most will not let you watch and or will not be able to do it immediately. The threading on the lathe does not take long, the set up is what takes time. Be carefull who you have do it. I have seen many that were cut concentric to the profile and not the bore which is bad news! I have yet to work on a barrel the is perfectly concentric to the bore. Hell the shillen select match barrel i used on a customers rem 700 build was about .005 out. If you decide you want to, i can get it knocked out with in a week.

Edited by hzhardy
  • Like 1

We can do Facebook live lol, to be honest most will not let you watch and or will not be able to do it immediately. The threading on the lathe does not take long, the set up is what takes time. Be carefull who you have do it. I have seen many that were cut concentric to the profile and not the bore which is bad news! I have yet to work on a barrel the is perfectly concentric to the bore. Hell the shillen select match barrel i used on a customers rem 700 build was about .005 out. If you decide you want to, i can get it knocked out with in a week.

I got a friend who builds customs as a hobby, He usually lets me watch and help, lately we have been working completely different hours.

I got a friend who builds customs as a hobby, He usually lets me watch and help, lately we have been working completely different hours.

sounds like you are in good hands!
  • Like 1

i can help you with your .17hmr wink wink lol. My 22 can is my favorite NFA investment second to my SOT.

I would have no problem mailing this rifle to have you thread it (I like the work I've seen you post on here). However, there is no great hurry since my can's jail term just started today.

If it was me you were asking, the barrel is a tapered profile from 1"-ish at the chamber down to .687" at the muzzle. I assume it's just a normal CZ 453 American.

PM me your info and prices and I will start saving up.

Thanks,

Mike