wish2no

BI-MART now raised ages to purchase guns and ammo

Not sure if they are an Oregon only store... went in last night to pick up some cat food. Stopped by the gun counter to say hello (I buy a lot from them) and the poor girl was almost crying. She was furious the company made the policy and said 3 peopple are already sueing them. She is a good gal, but now worried about her job and retirement (They are an employee owned company).

Guess I will write their headquarters and remind them that gun owners also purchase a lot of sleeping bags and camping equipment and probably do a lot of their own home repairs. Not selling guns or ammo will hit them in the pocket book in multiple departments.

It's a damn shame that board members of a company makes stupid decisions based on feeling, without any concern for the employees they represent.

It's a damn shame that board members of a company makes stupid decisions based on feeling, without any concern for the employees they represent.

I just went to their home page and posted the following comment:

I was VERY disappointed to go into my local store last night and see your new policy regarding the sale of guns and ammo. Keep in mind gun owners probably buy at least 1/2 of all your other sporting goods, pets, home repair, automotive and garden products. I spend thousands in your stores each year and I know my friends do also. Unfortunately we will ALL be boycotting your stores and encouraging others to do so also via word of mouth and the internet until you reverse this poor decision. I like your stores. I sincerely hope you will re-consider this decision.

• Like 1

They're a WA store too. Used to be where I'd buy my ammo from all the time.

They're a WA store too. Used to be where I'd buy my ammo from all the time.

Send them a comment/complaint. Lady in the store I was talking to said there are 3 lawsuits against them already. She is furious her pension is going to be spent defending a poor decision. Here is a link to their feedback page: https://www.bimart.com/contact-us/leave-us-feedback

Left feedback. Thanks for the link!

They enacted this policy a few days after Parkland, and promptly got sued along with Dicks and Wal Mart - it is a clear violation of Oregon's non-discrimination laws, and even Brad Avakian - the turd he is - admitted as much. You *cannot* discriminate based on age in Oregon when doing business if your service or product is legal to sell to all adults. They screwed up, won't admit the mistake, and are standing by a virtue signaling decision because the idiots who run the place are in Eugene.

I stopped shopping at Fred Meyer and Bi Mart the day they announced their BS. I had already written off Wal Mart because of the way they treated my wife when she worked there, and the fact that they flat out lied to the nation stating that all employees were getting a pay bump to a minimum of $12 / hr back in 2016 - when she quit, she was still making less than $12 an hour and that was over a year after Wal Mart announced that policy. I haven't patronized Dicks since Sandy Hook.

It's getting harder to find places to do business with that I support. From now on my gun & ammo purchases are coming from my LGS or Sportsman's Warehouse (I get a good discount there, thanks to wifey-poo) - Sportsman's has said that they are NOT going to jump on the "us too" PC BS bandwagon