Flesh Wound

Practical range of the 6x6.8?

Trying to determine what sort of glass to put on my new built 6x6.8 with an 18" tube.

Edited by Flesh Wound

Totally dependent on your usage. 600 yard antelope have been done so................ For deer etc. I would look at a 3X9 or 4X12 same as I would about any deer cartridge that has this level of performance. Realistically on a decent deer the 350 yard mark ought to be looked at as MAX. Antelope are easy to die. If it's varmints like coyotes or PD's than I would go to up to 14.5or 16. Ritch killed a song dog at 419 last month with an 18" 6X6.8 and a 58 grain VMAX. For PD's 16 X is not too much to ask.

Greg

Thanks Greg. It currently has a beat up Bushy with something like 12 or 16x. I also have a NIB Vortex Crossfire 3x9 here.... Decisions.

A 3X9 would cover pretty much anything down there. I tend to go big because I'm likely to take it on a trip to the PD field up North and 300-500 on those little guys is a challenge though I do shoot a straight 10X on my 223 Remington. It does mighty fine even out yoder but it and I have ad a 4 decades long relationship in cutting edge accuracy demands.

Greg

16x............for that extra bit of powah we senior citizens need I have two that are 38X...lol

• Like 1