adktiger

Anderson Extractor issue

Just finished my first AR, and on the first shot the extractor breaks. The casing didn't get extracted and obviously the next round gets slammed into the spent casing. I Took the bolt out and the lip on the extractor had sheared off. Primary arms didn't want to do anything with it and tried to send it off to Anderson. Anderson wanted me to send the bolt to them so they could determine if it was human error or manufacturer defect! They did end up sending me a New extractor but I didn't think that it should have been that difficult. I ended up getting a used extractor from a local gun shop for free before Anderson got one to me. Tried it today with the used extractor and it worked like a charm. I guess I am just really surprised that Anderson and Primary arms gave me such a hassle, not sure if I will be ordering more from them or not. Just a rant, thanks for listening :D:

I have had one extractor go bad on me like that new outta the box. It happens.

Where did you get the part from?

If you buy a gun in a gunstore and there's something wrong with it, 9 out of 10 times they will send it to the manufacturer. It's just the way it's done.

Sometimes they just break. No rhyme nor reason as to why. Like tires we should always have a spare at hand. Just keep a spare on the shelf for the what if or realistically when. I'm sure it's early on in your building career but extra parts will accumulate and a set of bolt part replacements are good to have. Batter yet an extra bolt really puts you a head of the curve down the road.

Greg

If you shoot AR's keep a spare bolt/firing pin in your kit. These extractors will break on occasion. I have a spare bolt/pin inside the Magpul grip on every rifle I have. Just in case this stuff fouls up a good range day or if I'm defending my life in a fire fight and it breaks.

Anderson will probably send you a new one. I would call and ask its a big PITA to ship a whole rifle for something so small you can install yourself.