Well, this might be a foolish question, but here goes!!!

I'm a righty, but it is far easier for me to aim down my red dot optics on my left side!..... I can't close my right eye (so I aim with both eyes open on the right side)....but on the left side I can close my right eye and aim using my left eye, no problem!!!!

Does this mean I'm a righty with left eye dominance???...is this normal???

To check for eye dominance hold your thumb up at arms distance and pick out an object across the room and with both eyes open hold your thumb on that object. Now close one eye at a time and whichever eye still sees the thumb on target is the dominant one.

With that said I and right handed and left eye dominant and with a red dot leaving both eyes open makes the scope disappear and the red dot is visible on target. It's the sweetest thing ever.

• Like 1

Shoot with both eyes open. It's a good habbit to get into.

When you pull the rifle up does it feel better on the right or left side?, when your shooting does it seem more natural to aim with your left or right eye.

https://youtu.be/twQzLNMfmYc

Cool tunes in the video lol

THANKS!!!!...well, its simple!!!!.....I'm left eye dominant!!!....since I can't close my left eye anyway!!!

You can even use a red dot with the front lens cover on. With both eyes open, you will still see the dot on the target.

• Like 1

I have a buddy that shoots right handed but is left eye dominant. He's been shooting for years and is a good shot.

I wouldn't over think it. Just roll with what works for you!

I shoot with both eyes open when using a red dot. I have a wider field of view with both eyes open.

If you have trouble keeping both eyes open get some of the frosted scotch tape and tape your shooting glasses on the non-aiming eye with the frosted scotch tape.

• Like 1

Ive always shot any optic both eyes open. I concentrate on the target and bring the scope up with muscle memory and I am right on target every time. Works well in hunting.

You can even use a red dot with the front lens cover on. With both eyes open, you will still see the dot on the target.

Yes, have amazed many people with this phenomenon.

Maybe Youngod knows the science for this?

If you have trouble keeping both eyes open use the frosted scotch tape fix for a while afterward you can take it off and the other eye will stay open with no problems.

Edited by gshayd

If you do this your point of aim changes.

I just got out a red dot scope and tried it.

Not good for hitting what you want.

If you do this your point of aim changes.

I just got out a red dot scope and tried it.

Not good for hitting what you want.

No, i can say for a fact it doesn't.