Well folks, we set out in our maiden voyage for the year and in the new Camper today.

Here she is

6c962a57f1dd6302d3f256f46225b25d.jpg

The tundra with the new airbag system did GREAT! No I wouldn’t take it cross country, but for 25 miles to the local lake, it’s fine.

I didn’t have time to stop by the scales and get a weight. Hopefully in the way Home. Should be around 10,500 for the trailer.

And here is our view for the weekend

e4b27d4d1d4aa1c8f2b01ba92b284a3c.jpg

Haven’t camped here before but is looks promising. Big playground for the kids 20 yards away and it’s full hookups which we have never done before. Should be nice for my soon to be 6yr olds bday tomorrow night.

Today was the first day we hit 70 for the year so things are looking up.

Caleb

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by calebj06
  • Like 2

What a great looking rig! I am jealous!!! I am available for adoption.... :segrin:

What is the length and GW for the camper?

38 feet. Empty weight is 9200. Max weight is 11,500. Im guessing it around 10500 with all of our stuff. Ill know for sure hopefully Sunday on the way home.

Yes G, shes huge. Every time I pull it I think its too big. Then I stay in it and LOVE IT! Honestly just need a bigger truck and I wont mind it at all. But I know that going in. My truck is 10 years old and Im ready for a new one.

Here are a few interior pics. We love the space especially in the bedroom

d9f86e5448996416338cabb80de267ca.jpg

27ba61b92139b80ab0924ce0a965b369.jpg

176298a3ce88431543ced2ae2a6bd16b.jpg

Surprisingly it wasnt hard to get into the spot at the campground. I nailed it first try.

Also for you camping guys. You need to check out the Anderson levelers! They are amazing for side to side leveling. 2-Pack Camper Leveler, Chock Kit | Andersen 3604 x2 | Less Than 5 Minutes to Level Your Camper or Trailer | Levelers for RV | Simply Drive On. Chock. Done. | Faster and Easier Than RV Leveling Blocks! https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LYQ1Z8S/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_0Xa0Ab8FPD4YV

I tried the camco brand ones but the wouldnt stay put. These worked great today.

Edited by calebj06

I have a set of those just not a pair. Also get you a set of the plastic plates that go under the stabilizer feet. They will almost double the surface area of the feet and help with settling.

How are you not overloaded with 105 on that truck? What’s the max GVW marked inside the drivers door?

That trailer is long for a bumper pull. But is is nice inside.

Dang, that's so much bigger and nicer than the trailer the wife and I lived in while in the Army.

Good for you. Getaways are important in life.

Tj

I have a set of those just not a pair. Also get you a set of the plastic plates that go under the stabilizer feet. They will almost double the surface area of the feet and help with settling.

How are you not overloaded with 105 on that truck? Whats the max GVW marked inside the drivers door?

Never said I wasnt. Payload is what kills me.

Max towing is 10,300 for the tundra. So Im close or a little over. But payload is the killer. The airbags make all the difference though.

Like I said. No way am I going on a long trip with it. Ill borrow dads 350. But 20 miles to the local lake. Flat ground and 50 mph, it does fine.

The tundra has amazing power. And the brakes on the trailer are crazy good. It was just the suspension that was too weak. Hence the bags.

Ill be truck shopping come Christmas time.

Wow!!! That is a huge camper and it is really nice. Have fun.

Very nice Caleb. Very nice indeed.

Glad to hear the Tundra did ok pulling that thing.

Making memories is a wonderful thing.

Let me know how you enjoy the gale force winds we are having. :segrin: (Be careful, please)

That camper is nicer than my first house !

Have loads of fun, my friend !

John

Making memories is a wonderful thing.

Let me know how you enjoy the gale force winds we are having. :segrin: (Be careful, please)

That camper is nicer than my first house !

Have loads of fun, my friend !

John

Nicer than my first house too!!!

The wind is crazy. We are in a stand of huge pine trees. They are 100-150 feet tall and the tops of them are moving a swear 20-30 feet easy. Kinda spooky hearing them smack each other.