Casper

Older motorcycles are cheap!

I'm getting the riding bug again. I swore off expensive rides that don't save me gas money in the long run. So no Harleys or newer rides. I would only have time for commuting to work, which is partly why I sold my last ride.

But I see a ton of motorcycles with low miles and 10 years old or less. Some still have less than 10,000 miles.

Vulcans, boulevard C50, klr 650, vtx 1300, and even some sportsters, all for around $3,000.

I might just wait for the perfect opportunity.

At $3,000 or less, it might be worth it to keep some miles off my truck.

• Like 4

The market is over saturated right now and the younger crowd isn’t riding. It’s a buyers market for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had a motorcycle when I was young but wouldn't think of getting one now.  Too old and no room for mistakes on those things, make a mistake and your hurt bad or dead.  :creeper:

rasputin's rule number 8 - If you haven't owned a bike by the age of 40, you can't buy one after 40.

Tell me that isn't a good rule.

• Like 1

That's a good rule.

That is a good rule. 

I always say if you've had multiple car wrecks, you're not a defensive enough driver to ride a motorcycle. Even if none were actually your fault. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Casper said:

That is a good rule. 

I always say if you've had multiple car wrecks, you're not a defensive enough driver to ride a motorcycle. Even if none were actually your fault. 

Everytime I get on mine I assume everybody else got up that morning intending to run me down..why I'm still riding at 72..

7 hours ago, Snake46 said:

Everytime I get on mine I assume everybody else got up that morning intending to run me down..why I'm still riding at 72..

That is exactly how you need to ride these days. Too many distracted drivers. Always look at other vehicles and ask, What's the worse thing that guy/girl can do to me? Always leave yourself a way out. I'll be sixty next month, my current ride is a '15 Ducati 848 StreetFighter.

Old school..'09 Harley Heritage Classic..

I've ridden motorcycles for most of 53 years so far. My wife complains at my driving more and more as I age. I asked her the other day "don't you think I ride a bike better than I drive?" The answer was yes. :cool:

I weave less and I'm more focused. And I love it. My Sportster tracks like it's on rails compared to either our car or truck. Of course that also means I ride it faster too. :dance:

Of course I'm the old one compared to my bike, it's only 10 years old.

Edited by MnP4me

If only you could go back in age when you bought an older bike

6pSPHrf.jpg

I started riding motorcycles on the roadways at age 14. In Alabama you could get licensed for 125cc and under. I had a Suzuki 90 that had been bored out and rebuilt. Loved that bike. Then some arsehole stole it.

Old bikes are cheap but when they get too old they become exspensive again. i was looking at HD motorcycles on our auction site. What do yall think a 1926 model is worth?  Currently its about 10k u.s :laugh:

969467919.jpg

That would be awesome to ride around the block a couple times! 

Longer than that, however, and you'll realize how soft modern riders are! 

I had a Honda 1972 350 SL and later a Honda1973 350 CL. Bulletproof engines for sure.

Had few others but those were the most fun for all around use for when I was a young college boy in Durango, Co and Lawrence, KS.

The 74 Honda CB 450 was a pig on dirt roads and the Yamaha 175 Enduro two smoke was a bit light for highway but superb for everywhere off road.

The 350's were nice bike for country roads and easy dirt/jeep road mountain passes in the high country, especially the SL with a bit lower gears.

Somewhere I got a pic...