Stj

Repurposed to gun case

I've seen the tool storage and foam gun case, the violin or guitar gun case. I'm just wondering what other type of unique things you've seen repurposed into a case. Things that don't scream Gun. Things that blend in.

For fixed(in home) items, I have seen old fridges, and one of my favorite ideas, old hot water heater tanks.

for portable. the only thig aside from what you said I can recall offhand is a flower box(ok sure, got the idea from T2) and golf club bag.

For in home I saw a door that just looked like it went into another room. when unlocked and open it was a 24" deep built in gun cabinet. Pretty slick actually

I've seen nicely notched wooden cable reels used as rifle racks and government paint lockers used for storage.

A buddy picked up a new electrical sub panel box free and mounted it in his garage. He ran a couple conduits out the top and one out the bottom and left all the hazard labels on it. It has a lockable door and he puts all his high end tools in it. It will hold guns nicely too. Hidden in plain sight.

Someone on my local gun board has a pretty large safe behind a mirror. To carry around I plan on using a guitar case with plenty of liberal bumper stickers on it someday.

I've seen the tool storage and foam gun case, the violin or guitar gun case. I'm just wondering what other type of unique things you've seen repurposed into a case. Things that don't scream Gun. Things that blend in.

Tennis racket case.

One company is doing wooden American flags in various sizes for around 300 bucks. They look amazing and can either hold 2 pistols or a rifle/shotgun with 2 pistols

For in home I saw a door that just looked like it went into another room. when unlocked and open it was a 24" deep built in gun cabinet. Pretty slick actually

Kind of did something similar at previous house. Decent size walk - in closet lined with rough - cut cedar paneling. removed two, non-joining 4x8 panels. I had built the house, to include interior (load/non-load bearing0 walls, with 2x6s. Trimmed the panels w/half-round, used hidden piano hinges, routered a finger slot on left trim. Framed the rear of panel with 1x2 furring strips and 3 horizontals top to bottom to maintain rigidity. Made a great hidden storage area. That's back in the days when I was motivated. :D:

• Like 1

Dress like a plumber and carry your firearms in this...

OClCm87.jpg

What calibers do your "closet augers" come in... :bye:

Thanks,

Glenn

• Like 1

No offence to Derk, I appreciate his post. I'd blend in better as a plumber than a tennis player ;

Eta my closet augers are 5.56. 7.5". 16". And building a 20"

Edited by Stj
  • Like 2

A buddy picked up a new electrical sub panel box free and mounted it in his garage. He ran a couple conduits out the top and one out the bottom and left all the hazard labels on it. It has a lockable door and he puts all his high end tools in it. It will hold guns nicely too. Hidden in plain sight.

That is a great idea.

Tennis anyone?

gallery_24285_275_149340.jpg

gallery_24285_275_107296.jpg

gallery_24285_275_785872.jpg

I dress like a plumber every day. I dont wear my hard hat off the job tho.

There was a thread about a year ago where the author had built a dresser or added a back compartment on one that was spring loaded, push and pop open, that held a carbine. That was a super cool hide in plain sight storage.