AR15Armory.com

Local Walmart just pulled all guns and ammo from sales floor

MontanaLon

Wonder if they will be selling it off cheap like the ar15s they had

Did you guys ever check the expiration dates on mouthwash? They are often out of date.

I bought 2 ARs from Wally when they decided to get rid of them. Saved $1000 on one gun at the time.

So what's the deal with mouthwash. Some of them are mostly alcohol and can get you as drunk as a skunk!

Thanks for the link. Although the "experts" tell you not to worry so much about the sell by dates and the expiration dates, I am a stickler for the freshest stuff.

Snake's warning has me a bit put off, but I will give it a try. With the wife still not right, I have been doing most of the shopping and my leg is killing me by the end of the day...

I was skeptical but after you do it a few times you will get the hang of it and like it.

I have never gotten bad produce or meat.

If your a stickler on certain things you can tell them not to substitute for it if not avaliable. Like bacon for example. I only like one kind. So I choose it in my cart and then I select no substitutes. If they dont have it that day then I dont get any bacon. And Im ok with that.

Want green bananas, just put it in the comments.

This morning for example. I wanted a boneless half ham that was not sliced. I specifically put unsliced variety in the special comments on that item. Well they didnt have a half ham that wasnt sliced but they had a WHOLE ham!! So they gave me a $22 whole ham for $9, the price of the half. And said, sorry we were out of halfs so we gave you a whole one.

Now one thing I screwed up today was my hamburger buns. I wanted the honey buns and they were out so they substituted for hawian buns. My bad. Next time I will put sub with regular if not avaliable.

But like I said. We almost always save money. If we go in the store we always spend $130-$160. When we do the click list we spend $85-$115

Edited by calebj06
  • Like 1

I use one of their drivers to help teach my classes. We have him bring a truck to us and we get to crawl it at our pace. He tells me a computer is telling them when they are to work and not work. He was a Monday-Friday driver that now has to leave on Sunday because the computer told him that is when he needs to start. Fugged up his home time. New hires and old drivers all took a cut in pay and benefits too. They are advertising on the radio for drivers and that was never needed before. That perfect job is fast becoming just another driving job.

When Walmart built it's big distribution center near me they recruited drivers by word of mouth. They hand picked the top drivers from the area. They hit the fuel tanker industry and wiped out a bunch of my drivers and others. They wanted me to sign up as well. I told them the only way they would get me is if they had a truck without a sleeper and I slept in my own bed every night.

Something that is happening in my area is truck traffic is dying at night. It all started with the new law they all have electronic log books. Most drivers were able to stretch the day a bit in order to get to the next truck stop. A bunch of drivers also ran their log books off of map miles and averages instead of actual drive time. They would figure out map miles to where they are going and average the speed limit and that would give them the time it took to get there if conditions were perfect. I am located between Portland and Los Angeles and the new ELD law has taken away the ability to fudge the books. Now everyone is shutting down before their time is up instead of right at the time or later. What that has done for my truck traffic is increase my truck counts by 400 or so trucks on day shift and cut the truck counts by 400 or so trucks on swing shift. After 6pm most night the freeways dries up of truck traffic. More truck stops are being built south of me that will see good business. The truck stops near me will see a drop in business not only from the new one's being built but from the logistics of where they can stop legally now. True dead center between those two big cities is just south of me and all the north bound traffic has to stop short now instead of making it through my scales the night before.

A lot of big companies are also encouraging their drivers not to work past 10pm. They want them on a day time schedule. The days of the professional driver are almost over. I mean no disrespect to our truck driver members here either. I drove for 15 years as well. In my little world I see low wage earners, unskilled drivers, and a huge foreign demographic of drivers. They all work for less money than most drivers should have too, they can only drive automatics, can't back up for shat, can't follow directions to save their own life, and cannot maintain a lane as they drive and are always running on the shoulder or into my lane. Distracted driver is everywhere and no where do you see the driver that actually takes his job seriously as far as driving the truck the best it can be driven. It's almost like driving to them is just a way to get from one end to the other. Very few dress in work clothes and so many are wearing pajamas and flip flops as they drive. I have two regulars that are old school professionals. One Hispanic fellow wears spotless clothes, his appearance is spotless and he is always a perfect example of a driver that cares. The other guy is a black man that never comes in without a white shirt and slacks. Always perfectly clean and tidy. Those two guys stand out to me. Most local guys wear clothes fitting to the job. It's the over the road guys that never seem to be able to get out of their jammies and flip flops.

Most all of my traffic is from Mexico north to Canada with the bulk between Portland and Los Angeles. We are also in a bottle neck where 90% of that north south traffic has to come through my area. We average 3000 trucks a day just north bound.

This weekend I rented a Dodge Challenger and went from MN to Battle Creek, MI and back. 90/94 to 39 to 80 around Chicago. Overnight there were very few trucks on the road. I stopped for a nap about 2:30 at the Loves just East of the I39 & I80 interchange and up and rolling again about 530. Shortly after 6 AM, all of a sudden 2 lanes packed with semis 10 feet apart rolling at 65 as far as you can see.

I was skeptical but after you do it a few times you will get the hang of it and like it.

I have never gotten bad produce or meat.

If your a stickler on certain things you can tell them not to substitute for it if not avaliable. Like bacon for example. I only like one kind. So I choose it in my cart and then I select no substitutes. If they dont have it that day then I dont get any bacon. And Im ok with that.

Want green bananas, just put it in the comments.

This morning for example. I wanted a boneless half ham that was not sliced. I specifically put unsliced variety in the special comments on that item. Well they didnt have a half ham that wasnt sliced but they had a WHOLE ham!! So they gave me a $22 whole ham for $9, the price of the half. And said, sorry we were out of halfs so we gave you a whole one.

Now one thing I screwed up today was my hamburger buns. I wanted the honey buns and they were out so they substituted for hawian buns. My bad. Next time I will put sub with regular if not avaliable.

But like I said. We almost always save money. If we go in the store we always spend $130-$160. When we do the click list we spend $85-$115

That sounds good !

I bought 2 ARs from Wally when they decided to get rid of them. Saved $1000 on one gun at the time.

So what's the deal with mouthwash. Some of them are mostly alcohol and can get you as drunk as a skunk!

Thats where I got my colt Le6920, when Walmart pulled black rifles from the stores. Couldnt turn down a $599 Colt.

Sunday morning, 8AM, and Im headed to Kroger to get my online order of groceries! Its actuslly really cool. I order it all in my phone and choose a pickup time. I get there and they load it in the car. Costs me $5 but I swear EVERY TIME we do it we end up spending less money for the week on groceries. I guess its because we dont impulse buy but all I really know is that it works and it saves my wife a ton of time and headache.

That just aint right. Am I the only one who enjoys grocery shopping? Also, I get to pick the produce myself so I can be sure to get the freshest. I will admit I do hate the checkout lines.

This weekend I rented a Dodge Challenger and went from MN to Battle Creek, MI and back. 90/94 to 39 to 80 around Chicago. Overnight there were very few trucks on the road. I stopped for a nap about 2:30 at the Loves just East of the I39 & I80 interchange and up and rolling again about 530. Shortly after 6 AM, all of a sudden 2 lanes packed with semis 10 feet apart rolling at 65 as far as you can see.

The truck traffic drops rapidly after 6pm on the interstates here. The driver shortage has resulted in drivers being able to work the better hours. 20 years ago the truck traffic was heaviest after 8pm. Then again 20 years ago you could watch planes flying over all night long. There are very few redeye flights anymore. They've gone to flying only the best hours and loading up the planes, where there were flights I was on in the past where there were a handful of passengers on a redeye. More than once I was on a flight where the crew outnumbered the passengers back in the day. That never happens now.

• Like 1

No license required here for ammo sales. They said it was because of all the school shootings.

Hey Lon,

Do you think the top brass at Walmart know something about that law requiring gun dealers to be licensed also by the State of Illinois

is going to pass and be signed by the Governor ? Given their believe that bill will become law, are they are being proactive and clearing out the stores that are not moving

enough firearms and ammo to make it worth the cost of complying with the new State regulations ?

Hey Lon,

Do you think the top brass at Walmart know something about that law requiring gun dealers to be licensed also by the State of Illinois

is going to pass and be signed by the Governor ? Given their believe that bill will become law, are they are being proactive and clearing out the stores that are not moving

enough firearms and ammo to make it worth the cost of complying with the new State regulations ?

I don't think they know anything for certain.

I don't think they know anything for certain.

I was thinking the Chamber of Commerce type lobbyists might have gotten tipped off passage is looking good, and that the

Governor will sign if passed, or that their own intelligence indicates the law is most likely GTG and they are going to get out before the new law goes into effect.