AR15Armory.com

America's food supply sytem is racist

Gmountain

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2018/may/15/food-apartheid-food-deserts-racism-inequality-america-karen-washington-interview

Food justice activist Karen Washington wants us to move away from the term ‘food desert’, which doesn’t take into account the systemic racism permeating America’s food system

The government helps white farmers but not black farmers. The food is better in white suburban stores than in inner city stores. Black people aren't taught healthy eating.

Just so you know. Food Apartheid.

BS on the blacks don't get subsidies for farming. I have been to cattle sales when cow prices are low, but not that day. The black farmers had just gotten government subsidies and had the prices wayyyyy up. I had a black neighbor get 6 cows with his subsidie to start a farm. Unfortunately his farm consisted of 3 acres of pasture land, guess how many cows made it?

If you have the land to back a subsidie then the government doesn't care about color. You can't have a 1/2 pasture and call it a farm.

Are any of these idiots, er... concerned people... who think these stores are racist doing the right thing by no longer buying anything there, or are they knowingly and willfully continuing to support a racist company?

Hopefully starvation kills off the stupid brain cells first.

I won't buy chicken from a place staffed by whites or a burger from a place staffed by blacks.

No joke. I was at a Taco Bell in TX that had a KFC inside as well. The Taco Bell was staffed with blacks, and the KFC was staffed by latinos.

how are you not getting food when you are obese? Even with the worst of foods as long as you practice portion control and exercise you will not get obese.

That's true but being someone who's lost 80lbs and keeping it off, its a damn sight easier when you eat low calorie foods that fill you up to where you aren't hungry and that's the more costly foods.

I always enjoy the movie "Lawrence of Arabia" when he explains England and its fat people. It was so true fat equated to wealthy at the time of the first world war when starvation was so widespread but today it just equates to poor.

I eat what I want to and keep my weight in check. I still meet the height and weight standards of the Army. It doesn't cost that much for a head of lettuce some tomatoes and a cucumber either. Can make a family sized salad for under $2.50. Buy some salad dressing for less than a dollar.