towtruck

12 hours to plant two grapes

It only took 12 hours to dig up the old hedge area, bring in some fresh soil, dig two big holes, set two 5x5 posts in concrete, string the cable, lay down the cloth, set the rocks, run the drippers, pound in two T posts, plant the plants, and wash it all down. And it's still not done. I am going to get two solar lights to top the posts off with.

Planted a green and a red table grape. I hope to get some to eat but this is more for a hedge than anything else. I had to leave the buckets on the posts as one of the cats already tried to climb up on it and dang near fell inside.

NLnSx46.jpgLi912cS.jpg

You know if a cat falls in and gets stuck the easiest way to rescue it is to drill a hole right at ground level but not very big. Then push a couple ounces of small grain black powder into the hole. Insert cannon fuse or a rocket igniter if you want to do a countdown. 3, 2, 1 Meeeeeeeeeeoooooooooooooowwwwwwww.

Cat is now unstuck.

• Like 3

You know if a cat falls in and gets stuck the easiest way to rescue it is to drill a hole right at ground level but not very big. Then push a couple ounces of small grain black powder into the hole. Insert cannon fuse or a rocket igniter if you want to do a countdown. 3, 2, 1 Meeeeeeeeeeoooooooooooooowwwwwwww.

Cat is now unstuck.

Sounds effective to me.

Remind me to tell you the story of the time I stuffed a gas rag into the hole of a broken tree about 10 feet down from the top of the broken trunk

to burn out some hornets, and how the smoke and eventually fire started coming out of the narrowed top like a chimney.

Closely followed by a raccoon who shot out the top like it had been fired out of a cannon....

Myself and both teenage daughters were standing back watching.

It was the first time I had every heard my eldest curse. She quietly and softly said "H-O-L-Y S-H-I-T " a second or two after the racoon launched,

and we all realized what had just happened. It was a running joke in the family for years...

Remind me to tell you the story of the time I stuffed a gas rag into the hole of a broken tree about 10 feet down from the top of the broken trunk

to burn out some hornets, and how the smoke and eventually fire started coming out of the narrowed top like a chimney.

Closely followed by a raccoon who shot out the top like it had been fired out of a cannon....

It was the first time I had every heard my eldest curse. She quietly and softly said "H-O-L-Y S-H-I-T " a second or two after the racoon launched,

and we all realized what had just happened. It was a running joke in the family for years...

I could tell you a story about a racoon on fire, but I know some people who could face Federal charges.

It only took 12 hours to dig up the old hedge area, bring in some fresh soil, dig two big holes, set two 5x5 posts in concrete, string the cable, lay down the cloth, set the rocks, run the drippers, pound in two T posts, plant the plants, and wash it all down. And it's still not done. I am going to get two solar lights to top the posts off with.

Planted a green and a red table grape. I hope to get some to eat but this is more for a hedge than anything else. I had to leave the buckets on the posts as one of the cats already tried to climb up on it and dang near fell inside.

NLnSx46.jpgLi912cS.jpg

Wow! Nice job!

Wow! Nice job!

Thanks, I have two solar lights coming that are copper colored with real glass to set on top of the posts.

Thanks, I have two solar lights coming that are copper colored with real glass to set on top of the posts.

Sounds very "up-town"!

NLnSx46.jpgLi912cS.jpg

Dang-it Towtruck, you are a working MoFo. You did an excellent job, that really looks nice.

Can I get you to come to my house for a while? I have a whole row of red tips that need to disappear, and the roots on those things are a pain in the arse.

THAT is some funny stuff right there.

Looks like a job well done. I found Kiwi plants/vines make a giant, lush , huge barrier.

Dang-it Towtruck, you are a working MoFo. You did an excellent job, that really looks nice.

Can I get you to come to my house for a while? I have a whole row of red tips that need to disappear, and the roots on those things are a pain in the arse.

I am in the middle of my first week of vacation and so far all I have done is work around the house. I still have not made it up to my property. I have wood to split and haul up there. We were supposed to go up today but something came up to prevent it. Looks like I will get up there on Friday now. I have two days of work up there and I want to spend at least two days with the horses up there if we can.

I am in the middle of my first week of vacation and so far all I have done is work around the house. I still have not made it up to my property. I have wood to split and haul up there. We were supposed to go up today but something came up to prevent it. Looks like I will get up there on Friday now. I have two days of work up there and I want to spend at least two days with the horses up there if we can.

Soooo....does that mean you're not coming to pull up my red tips? :segrin:

Take it easy TT, enjoy some of your vacation. Although, I think this is what you enjoy.