Sign in to follow this  
Crazy_Life

Huldra (Adams Arms) cycling problem

I've had this Huldra Mark IV 14.5 evo tactical upper (Adams Arms .556) for a couple years now. Bought it new when Fleet Farm quit carrying them. It's mated to a Polmetto State Armory lower. From day one it has not wanted to cycle...with any type of ammo. I've tried mating it to 2 other lowers with no change. The other day I noticed that the picatiny on the gas block was off a couple degrees from the hand rail, So I was thinking the barrel port and the gas block port weren't aligned. Well I unpinned the gas block and slid it forward and you could tell from the "burn" pattern that they were aligned. So could it be as simple as the barrel needing to be rotated to line everything up? Right now it doesn't seem like the poison is binding moving it by hand but under load could it be a different story? Anyone had a similar issue.c87a8f9e7fe6b952b48b68cad26e1bf1.jpg

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Welcome!

I don't have any piston guns but I would be looking to make sure the operating rod is not binding on the upper. Something is not correct if the gas port lines up and everything is cocked to the side.

Sooo....I was just watching a couple barrel install videos (as I am a noob), and noticed that the barrel indexes to the receiver. So there is no rotating the barrel to get the gas port straight up. Correct?

If so, do I now get a hold of Adams?

If the barrel is indexed into the receiver correctly and the gas port is off to the side then yes, get a hold of them. I would pull the hand guard if it were mine and really take a look at how everything is working together.

If you have a wrench to pull the barrel nut I would do that and check to see if the barrel index pin is where it is supposed to be and reassemble one part at a time to make sure everything is going together like it should. Does the operating rod move freely in the upper?

Looks like the adjustable gas block is in the full position at 12 oclock.

I own a Adams Arms Tactical Evo upper it's about 4 years old and runs Flawless with everything it's a seven and a half inch upper. Do you have the Piston setting set on suppressed or unsuppressed it will make a difference.

What weight buffer are you using and submit a picture of your hammer please. My adams arms upper does not like the colt hammer notch.

Also i have had an adams arms piston kit that the op rod would stick to the gas valve. They replaced it no questions asked.

Other than that, they typically run flawless

As far as I can tell by hand but who know under load.

If the barrel is indexed into the receiver correctly and the gas port is off to the side then yes, get a hold of them. I would pull the hand guard if it were mine and really take a look at how everything is working together.

If you have a wrench to pull the barrel nut I would do that and check to see if the barrel index pin is where it is supposed to be and reassemble one part at a time to make sure everything is going together like it should. Does the operating rod move freely in the upper?