Sign in to follow this  
slyman920

all shiney metal and chrome?

so i just came across wood ar furniture today and that struck an idea so im thinking about doing a chrome plated upper and lower with wood furniture gold accents and maybe some engraving. but i cant find any examples of such a thing. but my idea came from them classy chrome 1911's so im more or less trying to see what people think before i get to deep.

Guns don't get done in "chrome". Nickel is used instead, because it doesn't destroy tolerances like chrome does.

Don't get me started, because I have stories about fools that had guns chromed and then couldn't reassemble them.

I think it would be cool. Maybe not my cup of tea, but I think they look interesting.

I have a Smith 686 in hard chrome, with gold hammer, trigger and cylinder release, and walnut grips, and it looks fantastic.

You should go for it.

9Sxrv0x.jpg

Ik22suV.jpg

You can never have too much bling.

so i just came across wood ar furniture today and that struck an idea so im thinking about doing a chrome plated upper and lower with wood furniture gold accents and maybe some engraving. but i cant find any examples of such a thing. but my idea came from them classy chrome 1911's so im more or less trying to see what people think before i get to deep.

Shocked I tell ya.

My bad,thought this thread was about Harleys..

• Like 1

My bad,thought this thread was about Harleys..

nope its about idea bouncing and i have determined that its to costly for this build. for a safe queen

Well thats certainly interesting.

I toyed with the idea of wood furniture with nickle boron or stainless. Not as shiny. Nickle plated would pretty much relegate the rifle to the safe and I want to shoot mine.