tkmcj

LaRue Ultimate Upper

I'm very strongly considering buying the LaRue Ultimate Upper kit. Has anyone else built one of these? If so, would you recommend getting the lower from LaRue as well, or would it work well with something like a spikes tactical lower?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I would probably use a LaRue Lower as well if you are going to spend that much on the upper.

• Like 2

I'm very strongly considering buying the LaRue Ultimate Upper kit. Has anyone else built one of these? If so, would you recommend getting the lower from LaRue as well, or would it work well with something like a spikes tactical lower?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Get the LaRue Tactical billet lower too. You spend that much on the upper assembly, it is only fitting that you have the right lower for it.

• Like 1

I would definitely pair this upper with a Larue lower. If your gonna chunk $800 or more on the upper kit spending the extra bucks on the lower to have a complete Larue rifle.

• Like 1

Thanks all. That is kind of what I figured. This will be my first AR and I'm still feeling my way around the platform. There is so much to learn.

Edited by tkmcj

Yes I've got one, yes I added the lower.

Yes you should too :segrin:

If you think about it that's not a bad deal. So for $800 and a $200 lower you'll have a complete top shelf rifle. And the upper is available in 224 VALK at that price.

If you think about it that's not a bad deal. So for $800 and a $200 lower you'll have a complete top shelf rifle. And the upper is available in 224 VALK at that price.

Yep. For a top tier rifle no less...

Didn't realize the offered the .224 Valkyrie in their kits. Must be new since I ordered mine!

With everything I've heard and read about LaRue, it seems like a smoking deal.

As for options, they have 300 blk, 224 val, 6.5 Grendel, 223/556 ptar or 223/556 stealth.

Grendel or Valkyrie

Edited by gshayd