billycosmos1

Glock 21 - Police Trade-in

I recently purchased a police trade-in Glock 21.

It was formerly owned by the Greenbay Wisconsin PD, At least that is what was advertised on Gunbroker.com. Since it was in nice shape and reasonably priced, I went ahead and purchased it for a total of $384.00 ($349 for the pistol + $15 shipping + $20 FFL). Once I received it, I wanted to verify that it came from Green Bay PD. So I emailed GBPD, gave them the serial number, and asked if they would verify that it was one of theirs.

I was pleasantly surprised and pleased when the Departments armorer emailed me back and gave me the pistols complete history. He verified it was one of theirs, that they purchased it new in 2002, that they had Glock install (1) night sights (the night sights no longer glow but make a very good three dot sight), (2) large slide release, and (3) pistol grip plug.

He told me that they had been thoroughly inspected it at least yearly and the only thing they did was to replace the guide rod and spring. He said the pistol should be good to go.

He said that in the 15 years the department owned my Glock 21, it was issued to only one officer. He said that given that officers duties, only about 100 rounds per year were probably fired, and those rounds were for the qualification schedule. Thus, based on that estimate, my used Glock 21 had only about 1,500 rounds through it. This shows because the pistol is in great shape with little holster wear and what looks like a new barrel.

It shoots great and the thing I like the most (besides that I know the full history of the pistol, it shoots great, and is in great condition) is the serial number. Bear in mind that for 15 years this was a police pistol. The three number part of the serial number is 911. Hows that for a serial number for a police trade-in.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by billycosmos1
  • Like 1

As a rule the police trade in guns are a deal all the way around. Right now, most of them are .40's but I did see some Gen 2 Glocks in 9mm recently.

I also had the opportunity to buy a load of 870's but they were 14" barreled with stocks so they were NFA. There just isn't an NFA market for me so I had to pass them by.

I can't wait until the military starts selling M9's as surplus. Unless they go to CMP there should be some deals to be had.

• Like 1

Do you think they will actually sell them......

I can't wait until the military starts selling M9's as surplus. Unless they go to CMP there should be some deals to be had.

Do you think they will actually sell them......

I believe they will. Now that the CMP has the process in place for handguns, I think it is a pretty good bet. The only other option is to give them to "our allies" and then watch them turn up on the battlefield somewhere being used against our troops.

We're probably going to be unloading our G21SF's within the next year or two. The night sights, well, they're more suited for daytime use. But, like the gun you got, the majority of ours have seen less than 5,000 rounds, and other than the night sights, are meticulously maintained. When we offload the guns, there are going to be 3-4 that are LNIB, and that are unfired, except for the factory test rounds. They'll go for the same money as those that have 5k-ish through them. I'm probably going to try to buy my old duty pistol.

• Like 1

Load those up with some of the newer lightweight bullets and you come close to having a very high capacity .357

that shoots a lot softer. The 22 round Glock mags come in handy.

I've seen some Police G23's too, and those are the same size as G19's.

You could drop a 9mm barrell in either, although I don't know anyone who has done so

and put a bunch of rounds through one, so I can't vouch for the conversion. I do know the

barrels are heavier.

• Like 1

Centerfire systems have been advertising a .40 Sig 226 and a 229. Think the 229 was $300.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.