Chris645

Got some questions about Swedish Mausers

I've got an old Swedish Mauser Mod94 I want to start loading for. First question is does anyone know a good place to buy stripper clips? (good ones) Is there anything I need to stay away from in the way of on-line sellers of them? Next, just off-hand, does anyone know the longest OAL round that will fit in the magazine? (my rifle is buried the furthest back in the safe and I'm too lazy to go dig it out right now) ((at least I'm being honest!)) :segrin: I'll be loading a Nosler 140 gr Partition Bullet. Nosler suggests RL22 powder, which I have.

You got a pair of calipers to measure the inside of the magazine?

Of course, I have...................only, as I said, I'm too lazy to take everything out of the safe to get to the Mauser. :segrin: Just asking if someone familiar with that firearm might know the figure off-hand.

Sportsman's Guide for the strippers.

Thanks, Longhair. I'll check'em out.

Sportsman's Guide for the strippers.

What kind of strippers or are still talking about guns?

What kind of strippers or are still talking about guns?

If you can actually get any other kind of strippers from Sportsman's guide, and if it's a "her", let me know whether it's worth it or not. :cool:

Couldn't find any stripper clips on their site, Longhair.

Thanks, Longhair. I tried every combination I could think of in their search engine but didn't find them.

I search with Dogpile.com. It's a meta-search that incorporates several major search engines.

I just entered "6.5x55 stripper clips" and several sites came up. A few may be a little cheaper, but they are selling surplus clips "of various condition", so they're not new clips like what SG is selling.

I also use Dogpile.com, but I didn't think to use it. I went to the Sportsmans Guide website and used their search engine. Surprised it didn't show the same info. Oh well. Thanks for the link.

Okay, for anyone who is interested.............

Pulled my Swede out of the safe and used my Hornady OAL tool to measure. My measurements indicate I can just touch the rifling if I seat the bullet to a COL of 3.190". Seeing as how this is a military Swede, I have the longer chamber. SAMMI specs say MAX COL is 3.150". I'm going to be loading a 140 gr Nosler Partition bullet and on their site they show 3.025" COL over RL22 powder as the most accurate load. Of course, they were using a 23" Lilga barrel with a 1-9 twist. My barrel has been shortened and has the 1-7.87" twist as all the military Swede barrels do.

With all that information, I'm planning on shooting my first 50 test rounds with RL22 and a COL of 3.150" to start. The journey begins.................