Sign in to follow this  
Zephyr One/Zero

Left-Wing Antifa Terrorists ‘Freaking Out’ over Proposed ‘Unmasking’ Law

https://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2018/07/11/left-wing-antifa-terrorists-freaking-out-over-proposed-unmasking-law/

"Unless it is Halloween, Mardi Gras, or some other kind of celebration, there is no legitimate reason to disguise who you are in public, unless you intend to do something illegal and do not wish to be identified."

antifa-middle-finger-getty-640x479.jpg

Edited by Zephyr One/Zero

I don't like it. Sometimes governments are the bad guys, and masks can help people protest or obstruct bad government action. Legislation like this a weapon that the govt doesn't need, that tomorrow could be aimed at you.

Let's all at least agree that just because we won the last election, that doesnt mean we've won the next twenty or thirty elections. People like Obama and HRC will always be with us.

I think they ould just find other as to defeat facial recognition.

It won't be as effective as the bandanas, and may coe off if you get seaty beating up Christian Patriots,

but they will find a way. That's the practical take.

Hammy, your point is ell taken, but if you are not planning doing some thing illegal,

there is no reason to hide your identity. The psychology of mob action is that you lose your indivdual identity,

and feel comfortable doing things you wouldn't normally do.

The anonymity that ANTIFA craves is simply an artificial acceleration of this mob mentality.

Even when in smaller groups, they can fall prey to a mob mentality, because they can not be identified as an individual.

That's the psychological take.

My personal take is that they are simply cowards. I also think if they were unmasked, we would find the same "professional" core

of anarchists are showing up at these events and being provocateurs all over the country, and they do not want their conspiracy exposed.

Yes, this is a Pandora's box. Why not pass a law we all have to have a barcode on our forehead and if we cover it up its illegal?

This type thing is already being used against bikers that use masks for weather much like a cowboy does.

What they are after is the "intent" but like the guns we all love, their target is an inanimate object. Worse, its the type law that won't stop a damn thing and only lead to abuse of power, because the entire idea behind masks and crime is not get caught. What that means is they have catch you to nail you so what is it then? Shame on you for not making my job easy law?

Even if you don't motorcycle, hike, hunt, camp, ski, do construction, work in a hospital, etc. its not hard to think of some reason to cover your face. It does get cold sometimes and we're not always going to be in a nice heated car. In fact, when you look at how disease is spread, we need more masks not less.

This was a bad law when they passed then to get the Klan and still a bad law. You don't ban tools for how a very few use them.

Tj

• Like 2

This would be like a law requiring everyone to use only thei real names on the internet.

• Like 1

Let's not kid ourselves why these pukes want to remain unidentified.

In demonstrations past, the only time you saw this was when the tear gas came out, and it was not very effective.

I think we have good cause to be concerned about people who show up to "peacefully" protest with their identity hidden.

Have the cops actually enforce the law against these ANTIFA pukes when they show up to abort someone else's demonstration,

and you would see the calls for unmasking decline. These proposed laws are out of frustration of what the liberal politicians are allowing

these morons to get away with. Enforce the law and the mask does not matter.

• Like 2

This "new" law wont do shat. There are already laws on the books involving the wearing of masks, and they aren't being enforced.

I dont see the problem. Did you guys actually read the article? The headline is deceptive. The law doesnt prohibit masks, it simply increases the penalties for engaging in mayhem while wearing one.

I dont see the problem. Did you guys actually read the article? The headline is deceptive. The law doesnt prohibit masks, it simply increases the penalties for engaging in mayhem while wearing one.

Imo the language sounds vague enough that the law would be easily abused. A leftist regime would be more than happy to say that every single thing thing you do is oppression and intimidation.

I did read the story.

Imo the language sounds vague enough that the law would be easily abused. A leftist regime would be more than happy to say that every single thing thing you do is oppression and intimidation.

This. I do not trust our government or some law enforcement officials not to abuse this. Gee what could go wrong?

Instead, as John points out, just start taking action before the situation spins out of hand. But of course that never works for the 'optics' of some moonbat political types.

This would be like a law requiring everyone to use only thei real names on the internet.

Or wear a star of David on their arm.....

• Like 1

We have had a law stating that adults could not wear mask here for years without any problem for any group.

For those having an issue with the law and the slippery-slope deal, I see your point but I'm ok with it. Except those numerous parties I attend where a mask on a stick is considered fashionable. Bit I really like the first comment in that link:

"Or, make it legal to beat the crap out of anyone wearing such garbage."

It's not necessary. While it's legal to walk down the street with a baseball bat in your hand, if you show up at a protest with one, the cops sort of know what you're up to, and when you do it, should be positioned to intercede, even if it does ramp up the urgency in which you do so. You show up at a protest with a mask, you should have cops in your hip pocket, and when you break the law, you're dealt with swiftly, efficiently, and without fanfare. The mask is part of the profile of someone who is about to break the law and try to get away with it. Invest in impact munitions, and activate mutual aid agreements. Bring in enough cops to swarm the area. Don't allow protests to take to the street, keep them from blocking streets or sidewalks.

Departments are currently buying into the politically correct idea that you can allow someone to create a "little" mayhem. "Small riots" aren't an issue, until they are. If thugs in Klan hoods show up, let them protest on the sidewalk. They block traffic, pedestrian or vehicle, they go to jail same as Antifa thugs.

They are going about it the wrong way. They are making it the business of the government to "keep people safe" and that never works. What they need to do is make it so if someone is injured or killed while wearing a mask, it is an affirmative and absolute defense to a murder or any other criminal charge and against civil actions for the person who killed or otherwise injured them.

Wear a mask, block traffic, become road pizza and the driver isn't charged with anything because you deserved it.

Wear a mask, "peacefully demonstrate" and if a cop or Citizen turns your head into an impressionist painting Picasso would have trouble interpreting, no charges, you deserved it.

Step into the local stop and rob wearing a mask and get shot down by the owner and the 6 other patrons in the store in a hail of gunfire, no one is charged, you deserved it.

It solves so many problems dealing with masks and it costs the government less money in the long run in less prosecution costs and court time, not to mention making the world a safer place, unless you are wearing a mask.

Seriously, the government helps no one when they create laws "prohibiting" some action, create a law that puts the power into the hands of the People and everyone comes out ahead.