Sign in to follow this  
longie

QD Aimpoint pro mount

Gets me confused when searching for QD type Aimpoint pro mounts. Couldnt hardly navigate Troys website at all (on my phone anyways). Ive read some good things about bobro and American defense. I admit I havent looked too hard on midwest industries web site. Does the Pro and Comp 4 use the same mount? I thought I read that somewhere. I think I am wanting a canteliever style. What is the benefit of this? A better sight picture?Recommend me a quality QD mount.

Gets me confused when searching for QD type Aimpoint pro mounts. Couldnt hardly navigate Troys website at all (on my phone anyways). Ive read some good things about bobro and American defense. I admit I havent looked too hard on midwest industries web site. Does the Pro and Comp 4 use the same mount? I thought I read that somewhere. I think I am wanting a canteliever style. What is the benefit of this? A better sight picture?Recommend me a quality QD mount.

check out arms website, they have a spacer that shifts it forward for you. I do believe they are the same mount, but i do not have access to mine right now. Also any 30mm cantilever scope ring should work fine, you just have to play with heights. Edited by hzhardy

The idea behind a cantilever mount is to push the optic forward, to make room for a magnifier. I think some people use them for aesthetics, also.

As mentioned above, most mounts made for a 30mm tube should work.