Glocksrfugly

New to this forum. But, am I a beginner or an old hand ?

Greetings all. Im not sure if I should call myself a beginner here though as I was an M16 range coach over thirty years ago while in the US Navy Seabees. Had plenty of time and training on A1's and A2's. But now after all this time Im just getting bsck into all things modern AR. Lots of new stuff to learn but Im having fun.

That's how most of us got started on the forum. My M16 was an E1.

We use to have a saying on the forums years ago. We aren't in the military anymore so not limited to what they issued us. The military has more latitude these days but it still holds true to an extent. That's what the forum about, all the different variants.

Tj

Welcome! There seems to be a lot of members in a similar situations. I prefer being considered a "new guy" - I can ask "stupid questions" and no one gets upset or feels the need to prove how "smart" they are. :)

Walt

USN ®

Welcome.

Welcome! There seems to be a lot of members in a similar situations. I prefer being considered a "new guy" - I can ask "stupid questions" and no one gets upset or feels the need to prove how "smart" they are. :)

Walt

USN ®

The cool thing about this place is we wouldn't do that to ya regardless. Feel free to ask anything! We might tease ya a little, however, we aren't Aholes like the other place.

• Like 2

Welcome to the Armory. :tiphat:

Thanks for your service. I'm sure with your experience you can add to the expertise on the Forum.

Welcome. I had my first experience with a M16A1 issued to me back in 1978 while in Marine Corps Recruit Training at Parris Island. I have also been issued a Model 604, M16A2, and a GAU-5/A/A while in the USAF Reserve. I got into ARs hot and heavy starting back in 2004 when I bought my first AR-15 (DPMS AP4 Panther Carbine). I started building shortly after that. I have built about 80 ARs to date. I like building clones of military models including the older M16s and carbines. I have several of these. I have amassed a lot of knowledge and experience over the past several years because of my passion for the AR platform.

Edited by TackleberryMCS
  • Like 2

I like Seabees they make life comfy and give ya a place to crap and sleep :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

• Like 1

Lots of new stuff to learn but Im having fun.

You still have a big advantage over someone who is new to the platform. You may not be up to date on the hottest new trends, but you can still perform a function check, field-strip a rifle, etc.

PS - Welcome to the forum. :thumb:

Welcome. I had my first experience with a M16A1 issued to me back in 1978 while in Marine Corps Recruit Training at Parris Island. I have also been issued a Model 604, M16A2, and a GAU-5/A/A while in the USAF Reserve. I got into ARs hot and heavy starting back in 204 when I bought my first AR-15 (DPMS AP4 Panther Carbine). I started building shortly after that. I have built about 80 ARs to date. I like building clones of military models including the older M16s and carbines. I have several of these. I have amassed a lot of knowledge and experience over the past several years because of my passion for the AR platform.

Man, I knew you were old, but you have Ginsberg beat !

Will you share the fountain of youth with us, or are you a vampire ?

:segrin:

• Like 1

Welcome to the Armory, and my sincere thanks for your service.

We really do have a great bunch of guys here, and I am happy you are having fun

getting back on the horse. That's what it's all about.

"Shoot what you like; like what you shoot."

John

Man, I knew you were old, but you have Ginsberg beat !

Will you share the fountain of youth with us, or are you a vampire ?

:segrin:

I am glad you saw that. I missed it. Thanks. :)

A little late to the party but Welcome! The basic form of the AR hasnt changed that much over the years. Mostly in what you can hang off it. The AR isnt just an old iron sight battle rifle anymore. Unless your retro, gone is the carry handle in favor of optics of many flavors. The plastic hand guards give way to free float accessory mounting systems in at least three different forms. The AR has evolved into a highly adaptable rifle system with many purposes.

Since you are way beyond a novice with the basic AR, do your research, ask questions and build what you want. Choosing each piece can be time consuming but you get exactly what you want. After the first you may find that one is no longer enough. Its called Black Rifle Disease (BRD) and gets under your skin before you know it. Just ask our resident Professor Tackleberry!

Ask away, we are here to help!

• Like 1