Sign in to follow this  
bamashooter

Primary Arms Trigger Deal

Bamma,

What a great price.

I am not familiar with this trigger, and would wait for a curved model anyway.

I see the pull weight is 3 to 3.5 pounds.

When you evaluate these triggers, how do you decide what has

durability and reliable ignition as their primary design goal,

and which are more for "range work" ?

There are now so many of these types of triggers out there it makes my head spin.

(but not at 99 bucks, thank you ! :) )

Thanks

Regularly 210.00 at PA and I've seen it higher elsewhere. Mine are closer to 3 than 3.5 but wouldn't matter. I honestly can tell no difference between these and my Timney Competition 3 lb trigger. Which btw has a very sweet (imo) lightly curved trigger (and flat if desired is offered). http://www.primaryarms.com/timney-competition-drop-in-ar-15-trigger-3lb-667-s

Reliability and Durability. Can't honestly say I've done any long-term testing. Appears well made and of good material when compared to other "reputable" drop-in triggers. I see no reason to not trust it pretty much anywhere domestically. Wouldn't really want a "cassette-type" trigger module in the sand box. Let me wash away the sand and grit please.

I have other Chip McCormack 1911 products which have all been fine ti include reliable and durable (very subjective imo).

I would think "ignition" reliability is first and foremost otherwise the trigger group is junk and will quickly become known as such. I know a few who use them on rimfires with no issues.

Do it for the economy. Give it up Retcop! :D:

I got that e-mail today too. I do not NEED one, but I just decided to order one before writing this. It will go on the shelf with my two new LaRue Tactical MBT-2S triggers until I can figure out what to do with them. :D:

• Like 1

Just be careful which rifle you want to put it in. I would not put such a light trigger in a HD go to rifle. Its personal preference but a light trigger in a semi auto in a stressful situation may lead to accidental discharge. The light weights are fine for target, varmints, and hunting. I would go with a ALG ACT or similar in my HD rifles. They come with a lighter spring maybe about a 5# which is perfect. I have a couple 3.5#s but they are on my precision build and my 6.5G hunting rig.

So many choices. Tack loves the LaRue MGT's and I think I may try one of those on a future build. If he stocks them, they have to be good.