Sign in to follow this  
kobelup

Can’t call me mall crawler

Well I took my jeep off road today and had so much fun. We went to southington off-road Park and hit the trails. We had a great teacher, or spotter. Whatever you call him he was great helping us learn. 44f643dd541ca021356c9f508057e903.jpg88d1f90f8c1eaedabc997be5c3176205.jpga6cef9d47862f45291ddff573577878c.jpg

I have a cool video I will post. Well maybe not cool, but I learned what my jeep can do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Honestly it looks steeped in person.

Looks like fun. We don't have Jeep trails around here or I may buy a serious 4wd. I did take my Honda Element on some mining roads in TX and NM, but nothing very grueling.

Edited by gmor

I have been driving mine the last two days since the temps went down under 100*. Good job getting it off road and learning how to do it. I grew up driving trails and bouncing over rocks in an old GMC Jimmy. We used every inch of the skid pans on some places and the white paint turned a greenish brown from all the brush. What your doing is about right for your daily driver. No sense killing a nice rig but having fun is what they are all about.

• Like 1

Looks like fun. We don't have Jeep trails around here or I may buy a serious 4wd. I did take my Honda Element on some mining roads in TX and NM, but nothing very grueling.

😂😂😂 the streets of Chicago would be grueling in your Honda Element.

I have learned that I need a few more mods, but for the most part I’m set up for some off road fun.

• Like 1

Weird. I've never seen a straight guy driving an Element.

• Like 1

Well I took my jeep off road today and had so much fun. We went to southington off-road Park and hit the trails. We had a great teacher, or spotter. Whatever you call him he was great helping us learn.

I have a cool video I will post. Well maybe not cool, but I learned what my jeep can do.

Good on you for getting out there and getting after it. It's hard to wheel your daily driver. After 30 years of owning 4x4's, I've finally reached the point where I wouldn't have to wheel my daily driver. When I break it (and it's not "if", it's "when"), I can wait until it's convenient to fix it. I had a busted front diff that waited something like 3 months to get sorted.

Good on you for getting out there and getting after it. It's hard to wheel your daily driver. After 30 years of owning 4x4's, I've finally reached the point where I wouldn't have to wheel my daily driver. When I break it (and it's not "if", it's "when"), I can wait until it's convenient to fix it. I had a busted front diff that waited something like 3 months to get sorted.

I agree it is hard to use my dd as my off road toy. As long as I can get it towed home I can upgrade the broken parts. But it’s the inconvenience of being without a vehicle. For awhile I’ll do just moderately hard wheeling.