Zephyr One/Zero

Obama's Light Bulb Bans Are About To Be Nixed

http://dailycaller.com/2018/08/08/obama-light-bulbs-trump-energy/

"Obama also banned sales of the 100-watt incandescent lightbulb in 2012 as part of the Energy Independence and Security Act of 2007 was taking hold. Conservatives complained at the time, calling the bans an infringement on consumers’ rights to choose how they light their homes."

It really doesn't bother me except for the fact that those bulbs made good pump shed heaters in the wintertime. I'm glad we have LED bulbs now.

• Like 3

It really doesn't bother me except for the fact that those bulbs made good pump shed heaters in the wintertime. I'm glad we have LED bulbs now.

My weed plants like a combo of the grow lights and the incandescent, it seems.

IDK, seem to get less males, and more dense buds when I started including those wavelengths...I'm almost out...

• Like 2

I use LED and compact fluorescents in my cave. But, I do indeed object to anyone telling me what lighting I cannot use.

• Like 3

IDK, seem to get less males, and more dense buds when I started including those wavelengths...I'm almost out...

:bellylaf: :hysterical3: :lol:

Oh, I just about choked on this popsicle I'm eating. :segrin:

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

:bellylaf:

What's next? Riding a bicycle, wearing yoga pants in a pride parade?

• Like 1

:bellylaf: :hysterical3: :lol:

Oh, I just about choked on this popsicle I'm eating. :segrin:

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

:bellylaf:

What's next? Riding a bicycle, wearing yoga pants in a pride parade?

:tiphat:

Just checking to see if anyone was awake.

It's one of those days, I guess. :banger:

• Like 1

About time, the only bulbs that do not give he headaches are incandescent.

• Like 1

I don't have any of those floresent bulbs. I bought up a good supply of light bulbs before they disapeared and still using them.

• Like 2

John, I never knew this side of your life.

I don't have any of those floresent bulbs. I bought up a good supply of light bulbs before they disapeared and still using them.

I also bought a bunch of light bulbs before the ban and still have plenty of them left.

• Like 1

I dislike the government getting involved in the free market system. I'd like to be free to make my own decisions. Yes, I like the idea of LED bulbs. I have almost all LED's in my home. I also have to have incans for my pump house in the winter, it takes 2 100w bulbs to ensure that the pressure switch doesn't freeze, and keeps the pressure tank at an even temp as well. They're on for 2-3 weeks every winter, and I had to buy "rough service" bulbs at 4x the price. I found out, those aren't "rough service", they're the old 100w incans with a much higher price tag.

Oh boy. Rough service. They feel like messing someone over huh? I'm like you, I really didn't appreciate the government deciding it's in charge of micromanaging everything we do. Kinda like the forced digital TV transition. I didn't appreciate that much either. But I still like LED bulbs. Unfortunately I figure the price of them will go up if incandescents come back, cause most people are gonna go for the "cheapest" bulb right now, instead of the more expensive, but cheaper in the long run bulbs. Maybe I'm wrong. It is nice to have options though. I don't appreciate being told you can't have that by the nanny state.

The bad thing about CFL bulbs is RFI.

Huh?

Speak more slowly please.

Besides the poor quality of light,

I always thought the dumbest thing about those curly Q fluorescent replacements was that they contained mercury.

How stupid is that ?

OOOOOh Radio Frequency interference, right ?

Now what's CFL ?

More coffee....

Compact fluorescent= CFL ?

Edited by Retcop

you owe me a keyboard bud :lol:

MVRwJwj.gif

Oh boy. Rough service. They feel like messing someone over huh? I'm like you, I really didn't appreciate the government deciding it's in charge of micromanaging everything we do. Kinda like the forced digital TV transition. I didn't appreciate that much either. But I still like LED bulbs. Unfortunately I figure the price of them will go up if incandescents come back, cause most people are gonna go for the "cheapest" bulb right now, instead of the more expensive, but cheaper in the long run bulbs. Maybe I'm wrong. It is nice to have options though. I don't appreciate being told you can't have that by the nanny state.

I think the reverse.

The price of LED's should come down if they have to compete with incandescents...

No ?

you owe me a keyboard bud :lol:

MVRwJwj.gif

Dude, weed is a spiritual miracle.

Everyone should be doing bongs when their feet hit the floor getting out of bed in the morning

more at 11:11 AM and PM, and another the last thing before the hit the rack.

The world would be a better place, everyone at peace with the cosmos.

You guys may as well get used to the LEDs. They are here to stay. In my job, I specify light fixtures all the time. I havent specified a fluorescent fixture in probably two years. In a commercial building, you can put in LED fixtures, and everybody in the company will be retired before they need maintenance or replacement. I like the LED bulbs. I like the light they put out. Its a much cleaner light that the fluorescent bulbs. Dont get me wrong, I dont like the .gov telling me which light bulb to use either, but I do like the LEDs.

About time, the only bulbs that do not give he headaches are incandescent.

Dan, I dont know which bulbs you are buying, but the real cheap LEDs, the crappy no-name 10 packs from Walmart, have a very low cycle rate. They flicker. You probably cant see it looking at the bulb, but your brain can see it. Thats probably whats giving you headaches. Buy a couple of more expensive brand name ones, I like Sylvania, and give those a try. I dont spec cheap ass Chinese crap fixtures for just that reason. People will complain about them right off the bat.

You can also get LEDs in different color temperatures, from 2700K to 5000K. I personally like the 3500K lamps. Its a nice color on the eyes, and it makes the overall color of things in your house look better. The 2700K is a warm color and is good if you have a lot of wood in the house. The 5000K will make the blues and greens stand out. The 3500k is a good middle ground.

Good luck.

• Like 1

The bad thing about CFL bulbs is RFI.

I've found that any florescent light is bad for rfi, especially down in the am broadcast frequencies.

Truth! I had a fixture that had a bad ballast. Well I made the mistake of replacing it with a commercial grade ballast. My son's radio didn't work as long as that light was on, and that was in the FM broadcast band. Turns out that a residential ballast has better filtering according to the company that makes the ballast. Here I thought I was doing a good thing by getting a commercial ballast.

I haven't seen it yet, but I read on the qrzed that some of the LEDs can give off some pretty bad rfi.

Regardless of whether they are LED, CFL, or incandescent, I hate "cool white" and most other mood tinted bulbs.

I have "Bright White" or "Daylight" LEDs and CFLs that both last forever and cost comparatively nothing to run, and they have the most useable color as far as I'm concerned..

I still have quite a stock of incandescent bulbs for situations they are good for, but I'll take a Daylight LED over them most any day for general purposes.