xSmokey

Vortex Strikefire II

What do you all think about the Vortex Strikefire? I've been looking around for a red dot for my AR and I remembered PSA had a deal for this and 10 PMAGs so I want to know if any of you have used this sight and what you think of it.

I still have a version 1 Strikefire. Not a bad piece of gear. It's not an Aimpoint but it's not junk either. If I were looking for a deal I'd have been all over that.

I still have a version 1 Strikefire. Not a bad piece of gear. It's not an Aimpoint but it's not junk either. If I were looking for a deal I'd have been all over that.

Hey FW,

Having that Aimpoint PRO (which I fully realize is not top of the line Aimpoint) and an Eotech I love

but not having dealt with the Strikefire, what exactly do you mean by "It's not an Aimpoint"

I'm not trying to dis the Vortex, but I am trying to figure out a less expensive red dot I can get for my SIL.

He bought an ebay special that literally fell apart, so I am looking to get him something that will work that I can afford.

Have been looking at that Buhsnell TR-25 for around 100 bucks. (too cheap ?) This is important to me. We usually don't spend much on the adults

since we have the 5 grandkids. That's how they want it. He picked up 2 inexpensive AR's last year that need sights, and I know he wants to try a red dot.

I will be getting him a Magpul rear BUIS, too.

School me.

I have one they come with the VIP Lifetime warranty... I personally like the SPARC better than the Stikefire. However, I wouldn't turn a Strikefire down.

Hey FW,

Having that Aimpoint PRO (which I fully realize is not top of the line Aimpoint) and an Eotech I love

but not having dealt with the Strikefire, what exactly do you mean by "It's not an Aimpoint"

I'm not trying to dis the Vortex, but I am trying to figure out a less expensive red dot I can get for my SIL.

He bought an ebay special that literally fell apart, so I am looking to get him something that will work that I can afford.

Have been looking at that Buhsnell TR-25 for around 100 bucks. (too cheap ?) This is important to me. We usually don't spend much on the adults

since we have the 5 grandkids. That's how they want it. He picked up 2 inexpensive AR's last year that need sights, and I know he wants to try a red dot.

School me.

I purchased a Vortex Crossfire II with discounts got free shipping and paid $135.00 and it comes with a VIP Warranty.

Our VIP warranty is about you, not us. It's about taking care of you after the sale.

VIP stands for a Very Important Promise to you, our customer. We will repair or replace your Vortex product in the event it becomes damaged or defective—at no charge to you. If we cannot repair your product, we will replace it with a product in perfect working order of equal or better physical condition.

You see, it doesn't matter how it happened, whose fault it was, or where you purchased it. You can count on the VIP Warranty for all Vortex Optics riflescopes, prism scopes, red dots, rangefinders, binoculars, spotting scopes, tripods, and monoculars.

• Unlimited Lifetime Warranty
  • Fully transferable
  • No warranty card to fill out
  • No receipt needed to hang on to

If you ever have a problem, no matter the cause, we promise to take care of you.

icon_note.gif

The VIP Warranty does not cover loss, theft, deliberate damage or cosmetic damage that does not hinder the performance of the product.

Edited by gshayd

Have been looking at that Buhsnell TR-25 for around 100 bucks. (too cheap ?)

I have the TR-25 HiRise on an AR and it's just fine for about anything short of war. You want the Hi Rise model and here's a very good price. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Bushnell-AR731306-TRS-25-3-MOA-Red-Dot-Sight-w-Hi-Rise-Mount-Box-Free-Ship/123048657476?epid=219540979&hash=item1ca6458244%3Ag%3A6LIAAOSwYutavPl1&_sacat=0&_nkw=Bushnell+AR+Optics+TRS-25+HiRise+Dot+Sight&_from=R40&rt=nc&_trksid=m570.l1313

EDIT: The original link was not the HiRise.

Edited by bamashooter

good price and the seller has a 99.5% feedback on 511 items.

Edited by gshayd
  • Like 1

Can't go wrong with the Vortex. I'd choose the Sparc AR over the Strikefire if shooting any distance (2moa vs 4 moa).

Hey FW,

School me.

The Aimpoint is a battle proven sight. It's also about bombproof. They have shown sights that were in fires, run over by tanks etc that still work.

That is what I mean by it's not an Aimpoint. Now show me some Strikefire sights that have been tortured the same and still work and I'll amend my comments. Not saying the SF is not tough. Just never saw any evidence of just how tough.

4moa dot doesn't make sense to me on a rifle, especially when psa has the same kind of deal on 2moa sparc. Auto shutoff is a 100% disqualification for defensive use imo. That being said, I'm about 95% sure I remember seeing one of these go through a 2day carbine course with zero problems. If I needed more mags I would absolutely get a deal like this and put the cheap optic on my fun-only rifle.

Hey FW,

School me.

Go to hyattguns.com. Put a Pro on layaway. Pay 50/wk on it until its paid off. I still havent shot mine since I paid it off in June. Been meaning to.

I purchased a Vortex Crossfire II with discounts got free shipping and paid $135.00 and it comes with a VIP Warranty.

Our VIP warranty is about you, not us. It's about taking care of you after the sale.

VIP stands for a Very Important Promise to you, our customer. We will repair or replace your Vortex product in the event it becomes damaged or defective—at no charge to you. If we cannot repair your product, we will replace it with a product in perfect working order of equal or better physical condition.

You see, it doesn't matter how it happened, whose fault it was, or where you purchased it. You can count on the VIP Warranty for all Vortex Optics riflescopes, prism scopes, red dots, rangefinders, binoculars, spotting scopes, tripods, and monoculars.

• Unlimited Lifetime Warranty
  • Fully transferable
  • No warranty card to fill out
  • No receipt needed to hang on to

If you ever have a problem, no matter the cause, we promise to take care of you.

icon_note.gif

The VIP Warranty does not cover loss, theft, deliberate damage or cosmetic damage that does not hinder the performance of the product.

A warranty does not get any better than that.

Go to hyattguns.com. Put a Pro on layaway. Pay 50/wk on it until its paid off. I still havent shot mine since I paid it off in June. Been meaning to.

Congratulations !

I have a PRO that I got through the Armory on a group buy.

I just can't spend that kinda money for a gift for one of 4 adult kids.

I just want to introduce SIL to a red dot that won't break the bank nor end up in the garbage.

Thanks, Homer !

Edited by Retcop

The Aimpoint is a battle proven sight. It's also about bombproof. They have shown sights that were in fires, run over by tanks etc that still work.

That is what I mean by it's not an Aimpoint. Now show me some Strikefire sights that have been tortured the same and still work and I'll amend my comments. Not saying the SF is not tough. Just never saw any evidence of just how tough.

Gotcha.

Thanks.

Edit: I thought since you had experience with both, you might have seen a diffrence in clarity, seeing true colors,

lens quality, etc.

Edited by Retcop

good price and the seller has a 99.5% feedback on 511 items.

Holy Cow !

That is one heck of a price.

Wish I knew how to access and use my wife's paypal.

She is in OK.

I don't want to give him my CC #. Yes I'm that paranoid.

Thanks for the tip.

I need to jump on that and put it up for Christmas.

Hopefully she will be calling tonight.

Thank you very much !

Are you using that TR 25 on an AR 5.56, and do you know how many rounds you have had through it with that site mounted ?

Can't go wrong with the Vortex. I'd choose the Sparc AR over the Strikefire if shooting any distance (2moa vs 4 moa).

What would you consider distance?

Holy Cow !

That is one heck of a price.

Wish I knew how to access and use my wife's paypal.

She is in OK.

I don't want to give him my CC #. Yes I'm that paranoid.

Thanks for the tip.

I need to jump on that and put it up for Christmas.

Hopefully she will be calling tonight.

Thank you very much !

Are you using that TR 25 on an AR 5.56, and do you know how many rounds you have had through it with that site mounted ?

It will give you a choice of using PayPal to pay once you click on buy it Ebay and Paypal are joined together.

Edited by gshayd

For me personally it would be 100 yards / meters +. And I'd prefer a fat dot for 25 or so and closer.

For me personally it would be 100 yards / meters +. And I'd prefer a fat dot for 25 or so and closer.

I think even though the dot is 2 min bigger, since it has an 8mm bigger viewing lens I will use that because I hate seeing less through my scope. But if I don't like it I'll just sell it to someone on here and buy the SPARC AR.

What do you all think about the Vortex Strikefire? I've been looking around for a red dot for my AR and I remembered PSA had a deal for this and 10 PMAGs so I want to know if any of you have used this sight and what you think of it.

Here is what I would recommend.

VORTEX SPARC AR + 10 PMAGs

https://palmettostatearmory.com/vortex-sparc-red-dot-scope-ten-magpul-pmag-30-magazines.html

over 500m

Considering that back in the day I shot 600 meters with issued iron sight on the M16 over 500m is long distance to me. 300m was the longest distance at the qualification range. 800M is a possible shot with iron sights if you are a badass marksman.

Edited by gshayd
  • Like 1

Considering that back in the day I shot 600 meters with issued iron sight on the M16 over 500m is long distance to me. 300m was the longest distance at the qualification range. 800M is a possible shot with iron sights if you are a badass marksman.

I can relate. Back in the day (late 1970s to early 1980s) I was qualifying with a M16A1 out to 500M (actual range distance). Even with my eyesight as it is 40 years later, I can still hit targets (B27 type) out to 200M with iron sights. I even sight-in my M16 clones at 100 yards. :)