AR15Armory.com

Old Maglite Conversion to LED

bamashooter

Holy cow, what a difference. Rolled the dice and initially, this appears to be a significant upgrade. This bulb is specifically for a 2D/2C cell Maglite of a particular series (DoM-based). No idea if it made any difference but I also opted for an associated glass lens. I believe conversion kits/bulbs are available for 3 cell lights and perhaps others. I believe the battery life will be greatly extended as well. The possibility exists this is a very common LED from China and might be found for significantly less elsewhere.

https://www.amazon.com/Maglite-Conversion-Upgrade-Flashlights-UpLED/dp/B014Q5HNFO#customerReviews

It was a light I carried in my truck for years and never used it. Pulled it out last year and the batteries had leaked badly. Cleaned it up like new, installed fresh batteries and it was good to go. Though way behind the times now, I said what the heck and gave it a shot. Glad I did.

My first thought was why bother when I can have a light that holds 1 AA size battery that is as bright then rethunk the idea , I would imagine the beam would be wider and if the small Led lights battery lasts as long as it does I imagine 4 d cells would go forever . Not to mention Mag lights make good clubs in a pinch ,or so I've been told.

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

I converted a streamlight stinger a few years back. It's worth 3 times what I paid in my mind! The battery now lasts forever and the battery is way past its prime.

If you an old flashlight you like the feel of, go for it. If nothing else, it makes for a really great spare light.

• Like 1

I converted a streamlight stinger a few years back. It's worth 3 times what I paid in my mind! The battery now lasts forever and the battery is way past its prime.

If you an old flashlight you like the feel of, go for it. If nothing else, it makes for a really great spare light.

Very cool. Glad to see it did indeed extend the battery life.

I have a Maglite 6 D cell "attitude adjuster" that I should get converted.

I converted mine maybe 3 years ago. Turned that thing into a searchlight! Extremely bright. Think it still has the original batteries in it too. Well worth the $12.00 - $15.00 investment.

• Like 1