Sign in to follow this  
hzhardy

Sold my glock 23 and now i am in a pickle...

Should i buy a new gen 5 19 or gen 5 17???? I already have a gen 3 19 so the 17 sounds like a winner, but my gen 3 is not a good ccw with all the mods.

Well, for carry purposes, I'd go with the 19. Been carrying one for about 7 months maybe.. If that.. replaced the Gen 3 with Gen 5. Feels about like...a Glock.

I have been reading a lot of reviews on the Gen 5, and have come to my standard

Glock conclusion:

Wait a year to 18 months after the release of a new generation to make sure they have all the bugs worked out.

YMMV.

BTW: I know Pepper likes it.

There are some wicked cheap Glock and Sig Police trade ins.

You have to be on top of them to get the 9mm. I passed up a G26 I should not have a few weeks ago.

I saw a Sig 320 Nitron trade in, looked brand new...

Edited by Retcop

We're looking hard at Gen 5 Glock 17's at work. If I was going to be carrying a full-size piece, or had need of one, I'd buy the 17. Something smaller, then it would be the 19.

Want the long list, or short list of Rampy's Glocks......short list is Gen 2, Gen3, Gen4 and Gen 5.........

Have you seen/shot the new G19x If not.....well yo need to wrap your dick beaters around it and put a few hundred rounds downrange on it....

I've got 2 5th gen G19's.....

1 to be sent off for a RMR and such, the other has night sights...

Sweet, very very very sweet.......have not had a single malfunction of any kind with the new Glocks.....not a single anything.....

Personally, I love the 3rd Gen and 5th Gen.

If I had to have just one stock, nothing touches it.....out of the box and away ya go....the 5th gen G 19.

Oh and ya need wither a Raven Concealment holster or a Tenicor holster and at this point, Tenicor is what I've been wearing....

Break the mold and get a CZ. :segrin:

one onf my customer just had a cz 75 with night sights and aftermarket trigger from cajun gun works and it is sweet! But I am wanting some poly to laser stipple
  • Like 1

Want the long list, or short list of Rampy's Glocks......short list is Gen 2, Gen3, Gen4 and Gen 5.........

Have you seen/shot the new G19x If not.....well yo need to wrap your dick beaters around it and put a few hundred rounds downrange on it....

Sweet, very very very sweet.......have not had a single malfunction of any kind with the new Glocks.....not a single anything.....

If I had to have just one stock, nothing touches it.....out of the box and away ya go....the 5th gen G 19.

Oh and ya need wither a Raven Concealment holster or a Tenicor holster and at this point, Tenicor is what I've been wearing....

the 19x slide grip combination is just freaking awesome and i plan on getting on. I am on a tight budget given my numerous other personal projects and wifes tuition and the 19x blue label price sucks compared to the regular lines. The 19x ends up being more than my dealer price were the other lines are substantially cheaper than i can get them.

I will probably end up with all three eventually but i am leaning hard toward the 17 to use for three gun.

• Like 1

I have been reading a lot of reviews on the Gen 5, and have come to my standard

Glock conclusion:

Wait a year to 18 months after the release of a new generation to make sure they have all the bugs worked out.

YMMV.

BTW: I know Pepper likes it.

There are some wicked cheap Glock and Sig Police trade ins.

You have to be on top of them to get the 9mm. I passed up a G26 I should not have a few weeks ago.

I saw a Sig 320 Nitron trade in, looked brand new...

true but glock is great on making it good as problems are found and fixed.

Well, for carry purposes, I'd go with the 19. Been carrying one for about 7 months maybe.. If that.. replaced the Gen 3 with Gen 5. Feels about like...a Glock.

Glocks are a love hate relationship lol. Triggers are just meh even with the too tier drop ins but you just cant touch the reliability when you need it to go bang

Glocks are a love hate relationship lol. Triggers are just meh even with the too tier drop ins but you just cant touch the reliability when you need it to go bang

That, and minute of bad guy are job 1.

I am fond of the gen 3 also.

I will probably end up with a Gen 5 G19, but not yet.

i am starting to rethink these role of these low round count mini pistols.

I have never had trouble concealing my g23 as long as I could wear at least a untucked shirt.

Still want to check out the Sig 365 with 12 round mag, or find a 6906 they don't want too much for...

In Calif I carried a Glock 26 in a Raven Concealment G19 holster in shorts and a T shirt....nobody, but nobody knew I had a G26 on my person........and this is in San Francisco pier 39, HUGE tourist areas full of people.....

I was "made" in SF, but that was in the Tenderloin district by some of the homless, but while they might have assumed I was armed, I was "made" as a cop....not as somebody carrying a gun.....was even called "officer" by 2 separate guys a couple blocks apart, but it was in a respectful manner, have never experienced anything like it before...

The car was recognized and subject of many a conservation....and I was even told to park in "police parking only" so somebody watching could have seen us get out of the car and return to it a few hours later......

On the beaches, in Big Sur and other "low threat" places the J frame 442 was with me....

I am fond of the gen 3 also.

I will probably end up with a Gen 5 G19, but not yet.

i am starting to rethink these role of these low round count mini pistols.

I have never had trouble concealing my g23 as long as I could wear at least a untucked shirt.

Still want to check out the Sig 365 with 12 round mag, or find a 6906 they don't want too much for...

Glock 19x

It's my new carry piece. I also have a gen 2,3,and gen 4 19s. The gen 4 was picked up about 2 weeks ago but I still like the full size grip of the 19x. Just shoot one and compare it to the 17, it recoils different and follow up shots seem faster. it's hard to explain in text.