Sign in to follow this  
Longhair

MAGPUL BEV Block $34.99

Why not. I have a reaction rod but have wanted to try this. Can't resist the decent price. Ordered a gas tube as well.

Why not. I have a reaction rod but have wanted to try this. Can't resist the decent price. Ordered a gas tube as well.

with carrier and front pin install it is a very tight hold. I have never used a reaction rod, but the bev is awesome!
  • Like 1

with carrier and front pin install it is a very tight hold. I have never used a reaction rod, but the bev is awesome!

For that improved stability, someone should make a polymer, etc dummy carrier.

For that improved stability, someone should make a polymer, etc dummy carrier.

Did somebody say make something from polymer? (hint hint)

• Like 1

Did somebody say make something from polymer? (hint hint)

It was about as big a hint as I could conjure up without name dropping. :D:

• Like 1

It was about as big a hint as I could conjure up without name dropping. :D:

ASSplain what you are thinking mang.

Its hard to believe most of you fellers dont have one already. I looked at a bunch of assembly blocks when buying tools for my first build and finally settled on the BEV after Professor Tack suggested it. I use it in a flat plate wood trim vise because of the higher contact surface. Ive never looked back. I would like to have a reaction rod and a clamshell upper block because occasionally they would be a help assembling or disassembling but as yet to buy them because the BEV has filled all my needs. At $34.99, you wont find it cheaper especially if you buy a couple more items to take the sting out of shipping..

Its hard to believe most of you fellers dont have one already. I looked at a bunch of assembly blocks when buying tools for my first build and finally settled on the BEV after Professor Tack suggested it. I use it in a flat plate wood trim vise because of the higher contact surface. Ive never looked back. I would like to have a reaction rod and a clamshell upper block because occasionally they would be a help assembling or disassembling but as yet to buy them because the BEV has filled all my needs. At $34.99, you wont find it cheaper especially if you buy a couple more items to take the sting out of shipping..

Usually I avoid shopping at PA since their shipping is high and I have to pay TX sales tax. This time shipping was less than $5.

ASSplain what you are thinking mang.

Just thought there might be someone with the knowledge, skills, abilities, and a newish 3D printer who might have a little of that pixie dust lying around who could whip out a dummy carrier during a commercial or something. I would have already cranked out a water-tight lego cabin cruiser. :laugh:

Just thought there might be someone with the knowledge, skills, abilities, and a newish 3D printer who might have a little of that pixie dust lying around who could whip out a dummy carrier during a commercial or something. I would have already cranked out a water-tight lego cabin cruiser. :laugh:

I guess I'm stupid or something cuz I have no idea what you mean.

I guess I'm stupid or something cuz I have no idea what you mean.

According to my wife I sometimes have great difficulty explaining myself. What'd I screw up this time? The need of the dummy carrier or "If had had one of those little printers I'd crank out an easy to assemble, zillion parts cabin cruiser"? Mapped and numbered of course. :laugh:

I have had one for a while now.

Another typical quick shipment from PA. Received it and gas tube today. Much heavier than anticipated. Included 3 pins. Good chunk of interior metal. Hope to try it out soon. Thanks for the heads up.