hlhneast

14.5" Noveske barrel+ Aero complete upper Sale DTT

I hesitated to post this deal because I wanted one myself. Present situation unfortunately is making me pass. THe Noveske barrel is poly rifled and hardened to Rockwell 30. If someone was thinking about doing a pinned rifle, this is an excellent deal. The barrel comes with gas block and SS tube.

When I first got this email a few days ago they only had 26 left so jump on it if its want you want. It still says "in stock".

https://www.deltateamtactical.com/Noveske-Afghan-145-556-Nato-Barrel-With-Gas-Block-Gas-Tube-Aero-Precision-Complete-Upper-Receiver-Combo-Deal_p_7606.html?mc_cid=2da57dd1c8&mc_eid=d9968f5bd0

Edited by hlhneast

Goodness. Still have 26 remaining. Can't believe there's any at that price.

The barrels aren't fully polygonal.They have rolled them over slightly. They are good barrels nevertheless.

The steel used is a type of 416R and hardened to about 30 HRC prior to any machining. These barrels are button rifled with our proprietary PT buttons. This rifling profile differs from that in the chrome lined barrel line in that the lands have a slightly more trapezoidal shape. This design and the type of stainless used helps the lead edge of the rifling from eroding as fast as it might with conventional rifling, and the barrels tend to outlast others.

Greg

The barrels aren't fully polygonal.They have rolled them over slightly. They are good barrels nevertheless.

The steel used is a type of 416R and hardened to about 30 HRC prior to any machining. These barrels are button rifled with our proprietary PT buttons. This rifling profile differs from that in the chrome lined barrel line in that the lands have a slightly more trapezoidal shape. This design and the type of stainless used helps the lead edge of the rifling from eroding as fast as it might with conventional rifling, and the barrels tend to outlast others.

Greg

I guess to the layman it sounds better than it is. Thanks Greg for bringing some tech info to the table.

What does all that mean? Is it a good deal on an assembly for a shooter or should it be sent to the scrap yard?

What does all that mean? Is it a good deal on an assembly for a shooter or should it be sent to the scrap yard?

For the money it is a decent deal. I think the price is more than fair. Personally I don't like short barrels that need a permanent MD applied and I hate the velocity loss but it would make a great long barreled pistol rig. Lots of tubes out there allude to polygon rifling when it is really just slight variation on the Enfield type. BHW use to make barrels for them years ago BTW and I spent some time on the phone with the owner abut them one evening when he called me at home.

Greg

PS: If someone gifted me one of these I'd have that puppy put together in a heartbeat!!

Greg

• Like 1