Sign in to follow this  
geepee3

UTG AR15 Super Slim Fixed Rear Sight

Looks like today was rear sight day! :boogie:

Not only did I get the Brownell's Tactical Flip-up rear sights member gshayd posted was on sale.

This came in from Optics Planet...

2kp3lXY.jpg

zOBo27G.jpg

MH0mqXs.jpg

NOqPmyr.jpg

8mDKzrf.jpg

This is the UTG (Leapers) AR15 Super Slim fixed rear sights.

I know, your thinking don't they make some of that El-Cheapo stuff. Yes they do.

But they stepped up their game a few years ago with their Pro-Line of free float handguards.

This Super Slim line is part of their pro series.

These are actually made in Taiwan. Still legitimately "Made in China", but the "Capitalistic" part.

Fit and finish look good.

I did have to calibrate the elevation dial. It was two clicks off the 6/3 setting.

What is really nice is not having a knob sticking off the side to clamp on the sight. This uses a flush Torx screw.

The sight comes with a Torx wrench and extra screw.

Price point is quite nice. $32.89 at Optics Planet. I used coupon code 704tactical to get 5% off. With shipping total was $38.70.

704 Tactical did a video review on these. Even got a positive review on another AR site that will remain nameless. :hmm:

Will be matching this UTG fixed rear sight with the Troy HK style fixed front sights I have.

Been wanting to get another fixed rear sight. I have a RRA Stand Alone fixed rear sight.

But they are about three times the cost of the UTG fixed rear sights. So if I like them as much as I think I will. I'll be getting a few more.

Here is the UTG rear sight next to the RRA.

O3mjAH7.jpg

The RRA is a tank, but I think the UTG will hold its own for what I need them for.

Another sight to get sighted in now. Think I'll put this set on my 18" BHW 6x45mm side charging AR.

Will let you know how things turn out with these.

Thanks,

Glenn

Edited by geepee3
  • Like 3

For a detachable A2 rear sight, I still prefer the LMT Tactical Rear Sight. They are pricey, but worth it. I have one my Mk18 Mod 0 clone.

L8A.png

MAYAvJO.jpg

Edited by TackleberryMCS
  • Like 3

For a detachable A2 rear sight, I still prefer the LMT Tactical Rear Sight. They are pricey, but worth it. I have one my Mk18 Mod 0 clone.

L8A.png

MAYAvJO.jpg

I looked at them and chose the RRA instead.

The RRA does not have the knob sticking out like the LMT.

Since I run side charging AR's I keep an Allen key with each rifle. The Allen key for removing the charging handle is the same size needed for the RRA rear sights.

So that works out for me.

ARTTg73.jpg

Like I said, these things are a tank. Once on, they are not going nowhere.

Thanks,

Glenn

• Like 2

That side-charger looks great.

Sights are one of those things where I have to keep my greed in check. I really really want the cool new toys but I know that spending the money won't actually make me shoot better. I want to try scalarworks and hk sights but I don't even have the extra rifles to put them on.

• Like 1

That side-charger looks great.

Sights are one of those things where I have to keep my greed in check. I really really want the cool new toys but I know that spending the money won't actually make me shoot better. I want to try scalarworks and hk sights but I don't even have the extra rifles to put them on.

Thanks,

Here's another picture for you then...

fYbN5le.jpg

Side charging AR with HK sights,

Scalarwork's sights are something else! love the design. They are in the price range of the LMT. If you can catch them on sale, they cost around the RRA price.

True HK sights sit lower than normal AR sights. So if you cowitness a red dot, hard to do with them.

Centurion is offering their version "C4" HK style set for $225.00. They make theirs at standard AR height. So you can use them to cowitness with a red dot sight.

Thanks,

Glenn

• Like 1

I really really want the cool new toys but I know that spending the money won't actually make me shoot better.

This is why I posted the UTG Super Slim fixed rear sights.

Halfway decent rear fixed sight delivered for under 40 bucks! Can't beat that.

Thanks,

Glenn

• Like 1

This is why I posted the UTG Super Slim fixed rear sights.

Halfway decent rear fixed sight delivered for under 40 bucks! Can't beat that.

Thanks,

Glenn

Nice gun. :laugh: I have a set of basic UTG flip - sights that are heavy and stout. They seem very well made to me, Rear has no elevation adjustment but both sights have / had that "right" feel to them. Have 2 of their rails and a couple of risers. Excellent stuff imo.

• Like 1

Nice gun. :laugh: I have a set of basic UTG flip - sights that are heavy and stout. They seem very well made to me, Rear has no elevation adjustment but both sights have / had that "right" feel to them. Have 2 of their rails and a couple of risers. Excellent stuff imo.

Thank you.Sir.

Good information to know.

I purchased the UTG Super Slim fixed rear sight not only for the price, but because it looks to be purposely made.

It is lightweight, 3.5 oz. as oppose to the RRA's 5 oz.

CNC machined 6061-T6 aircraft aluminum.

Positive audible click on the adjustment wheels.

Has the picatinny recoil stop integrated into the base.

No obtrusive knob hanging off the side with the flush T20 Torx screw.

And truth in advertising; Box specifically says, "Made for Civilian Outdoor Sporting Applications" UTG is not pushing it as something it is not.

I plan to use these in the above "Civilian Outdoor Sporting Applications". :bye:

Thanks,

Glenn

• Like 1

Got a chance to get the sight sighted in.

Unfortunately I went after lunch and an incoming thunder storm caused the public range to close early.

Was only able to get 25 rounds of 6.8 SPC down range at some 50 yard targets.

Had two targets on the cardboard backer, one to get sighted in the other to just shoot clean.

Too bad I was rushing my shots when I shot these five rounds at the clean target on my last adjustment before the range went cold.

z7AfIN8.jpg

Bullets want to group, of course dummy here is keeping them from doing their job. :Loser:

Be a couple of weeks till I get to shoot again.

So far so good with this sight. But need to put some more bullets down range to give an honest assessment.

Thanks,

Glenn

• Like 1

Should have opted for the UTG "Self-Sighting" Ultra pkg. :D:

Yeah! What the heck was I thinking... :dontknow:

Thanks,

Glenn

• Like 1

Yeah! What the heck was I thinking... :dontknow:

Thanks,

Glenn

Don't we wish. Kind of.