Sign in to follow this  
jwilliams0408

Best modular safety selector option?

I'm in the market for a new safety selector and am looking for a modular system, one that will serve as an ambi, right handed, or left handed option. I want a modular design so that I can apply the most comfortable option when shooting, any suggestions? I've been looking into V7, Battle Arms Development, and Griffin Armament options, but figured that I'd check here for a second opinion. Like I said before, I want the option of the safety selector to be left handed, right, and ambi, just in case I feel like switching things up a bit from time to time. Thanks in advance for any and all info, this forum has never failed me in the past and I look forward to the input.

Take a look at Strike Industries "Strike Switch".

Here's a link to the manufacturer's page.

https://www.strikeindustries.com/shop/index.php/products/ar/lower-parts-kit/strike-switch.html

If you like what you see, shop around. They can be had much cheaper than the MSRP on their site.

grey1.jpg

• Like 1

They had a free float rail marked at $35.95 with the price right under the picture of the rail.

Before I ran for my credit card I clicked on the item, and found it linked to the barrel nut... :laugh:

If it sounds too good to be true....

The safety looked good though.

Never considered the advantages of being able to swap it around...

Take a look at Strike Industries "Strike Switch".

Here's a link to the manufacturer's page.

https://www.strikeindustries.com/shop/index.php/products/ar/lower-parts-kit/strike-switch.html

If you like what you see, shop around. They can be had much cheaper than the MSRP on their site.

grey1.jpg

I do like this option and it does everything that I previously stated! Thank you for the info!

I do like this option and it does everything that I previously stated! Thank you for the info!

I haven't tried one, so I can't comment from experience, but I'm considering one myself. I just tossed it out there because you asked.

• Like 1

I like that push-button safety. It's another one that I'm considering.

I'm looking at these for a CQB/HD AR pistol, and the reason I'm looking is because I'm practicing strong and weak side weapon manipulation with it. One thing that attracted me to the SI is it's option of either 60° or 90° throw.

• Like 2

I don't like the push button safety as it could hit against something and put the safety on. Its cool but stuff happens.

I don't like the push button safety as it could hit against something and put the safety on. Its cool but stuff happens.

Since it isnt tucked away on the trigger guard like is typical with other non AR's this may be a consideration, one I hadnt thought of. I was considerinhg one of thses for a build with a "stealth" type lower because it did not have roll marks or stops at the selector.

Ive bought several ambi selector switches from different sources and I like all of them. I like to ones that have the same size throw levers for ease of manipulation. Ive yet to use the push button one but when I return to work I will be back into build mode.