Sign in to follow this  
Longhair

Burned My Toy Budget For The Month Already

Finally jumped on board and bought a suppressor. Got a GSL Multi-Cal, designed to work on .204Ruger through .300Win. Mag.

One reason that I went with GSL is because they are a local company (about 30min from me), but beyond that they are also an ISO 9001 facility, and they actually make components for other better known suppressor companies.

Of course my wait begins now, but hopefully about the time the weather gets nice here next year I'll be in business.

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2018/02/23/gsl-technology-suppressors/

Trust me, even though the wait sucks, you'll be happy you went ahead and did it. Congrats!

• Like 1

Looks like they make a good suppressor.

Everybody is getting a suppressor but me.

• Like 1

Trust me, even though the wait sucks, you'll be happy you went ahead and did it. Congrats!

Yeah...I know. That's how I'm looking at it. But to say that I'm eager would be an understatement......I know you know.

Thanks!

Looks like they make a good suppressor.

Everybody is getting a suppressor but me.

I've met and talked to the owner of the company, and the man is dead serious about what he does, and he's one of the top suppressor designers in the country. He's the one that came up with the helical baffle design for full auto guns that the military uses.

And the endorsement from the three time champion U.S.A. team counts for something too.

"Accuracy is the most important thing" could be their motto. In my conversation with the owner, that was what he stressed and places highest on his list of priorities. According to him, anyone can make one that's quiet, but making one that is consistent and changes POI the least while achieving 32db noise reduction is a science. He wants to see group improvement using his suppressors.

Everyone has a toy budget but me... :kickcan:

• Like 1

Everyone has a toy budget but me... :kickcan:

nuh uh

nuh uh

:bellylaf:

I didn't have one until after I paid my house off. Not having a wife or kids makes it easier too. :segrin:

:bellylaf:

I didn't have one until after I paid my house off. Not having a wife or kids makes it easier too. :segrin:

we sold our house, renting now and just became foster parents again

As long as you're happy, you're rich. :thumb:

You and your Bride have my respect and my prayers.

John

I worked with a man who adopted 5 children,

most with special needs.

There is a family down the road who built a metal building so they could take in more foster kids.

I think they are up to 10 now.

It is a pleasure to wait behind the bus as they all get off. They are now in age from

high school to about 2nd grade. So many so close in age. It is a beautiful thing.

Some people like you have a special calling, big open hearts, and the strength that God gave them in order to carry out such miracles.

God Bless you.

Edited by Retcop