Sign in to follow this  
Jaeger48

Kinda sports but not really

It's been smoky here for over a month until a week or so ago when it started to just be "unhealthy to sensitive persons" so my outdoor activity and exercise have not been great. I'll go with that excuse because today I went out for another Spartan Race. This was a Beast length which was at 13 miles with 30ish obstacles. Any failed obstacle is a 30 burpee penalty. I tore a good chunk of callus off my palm and failed 3. Calf cramps slowed me down but it's another reason to be more active.

https://i.redd.it/s4s0dz2qqok11.jpg

Glad you like that stuff.........me? F that! :laugh: my body is beat up enough.

edit to add...our air quality has been bad for over a month and a half......it has been in the unhealthy for sensitive groups and unhealthy for everyone and then the other day it went from the 200's up to the 800's and I believe that is the unhealthy level for fish.

Good for you to try that out. There is no way that I would do that.

Today was special. My buddy was a firefighter until a couple years ago he slipped on the job and tore his quadracep tendon almost completely off his knee cap. He struggled with staying active due to the following surgeries and PT but had a goal to finish a race with me.Today we "ran" the 5 mile race and finished together. His leg was pretty jacked up and and the 3rd to last obstacle (about a 20 foot rope climb) I lost a good grip and slid down pretty fast and got a good sprain going in one of my ankles. It's been several hours and oh boy, that stiffness is going to make work fun tomorrow.

Before our short race our 4 year old did his first kid's race. It was only a 1/2 mile but he ran most of it and did his obstacles on his own. He was scared to start but after we got going he did everything and had a good time. I'm glad he got to learn the lesson that even though things can be scary we can still do them.