Sign in to follow this  
MadeInUSA

Illinois CCW holder Helps Police in Shooting

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2018/09/dean-weingarten/illinois-private-pistol-packer-praised-for-participation-in-police-gunfight/

Nothing to see here, just a good guy with a gun helping police.

Ill watch the local news tonight. Though, i doubt they will even mention it.

• Like 2

These are not the droids your looking for .....move along.....

OMG, he didn't die in a storm of police shooting him for shooting the bad guy? Who woulda thunk it? :tiphat:

Truth is upstanding Citizens assist the police every day, sometimes they just say thank you and other times they shoot the bad guys. But even if they aren't actively doing something for the police, they are helping the police out just by not committing crimes. Everything we do right benefits police, even if it is as simple as not texting and driving and going the speed limit.

And news flash, people who don't break the law for a living, really don't much care for those who do. This guy just got to "live the dream" of helping the police when they needed it most.

I hope someone can help him out with a loaner gun if he needs one. His gun is now evidence and will likely be in the lockup until the cases are all completed.

For what it is worth, I am familiar with the area the shooting took place in. It is a mile from Midway airport and is a "less than savory" part of Cook county. 2 weeks ago to the day and time and I would have been there and yes, I was armed at the time. I hope I could do as well as this fine Citizen did. Need to get out and train.

Good read. Thanks for the post. I shared it too.

Praying for the officer to recover fully from his wounds.

Where's gmor when you need him ?

• Like 1

Where's gmor when you need him ?

Hush. One should never summon demons.

:laugh:

It's okay, he didn't say it three times.

Beetlejuice-beetlejuice-the-movie-309418

• Like 2

All of the local news I can find has nothing on the identity of the criminal. The cops wouldnt name the hero and justifiably so. He committed no crime and putting his name out would put his life in danger.

Im sure they arent naming the suspect in order to hide what we all suspect already. So even money on achmed or dashawn.

• Like 2

Just saw on the local news that the cop who was shot just returned home from the hospital. Not one whisper that a CCL holder help him out.

What a shocker...