GoldnBullet

2018 + Stag Rifles Opinions

Now that Stag has revamped their rilfe linup to include many if not all reatures of Top Tier Manufacturers, what is the concensus on them? How would they compare to the likes of BCM and LMT?

Some General Specs:

Twist Rate: 1/7 Button Rifled

Barrel: 16", 4150 Steel, Chrome Lined, Government Profile, Manganese Phosphate Coated

Bolt Carrier: Mil-Spec Manganese Phosphate coated M16 BCG

Barrell Options: Mid-length and Carbine

I've always liked Stag rifles, and thought they were of good quality.

Haven't heard anything. Didn't they have a lineup of left-handed rifles?

Yep, I own two LH factory and two built with their left hand uppers. A great alternative for left eye dominance problems. (If that’s a problem?)

A list of features doesn't tell you anything about what kind of quality to expect. If they're good then they're good, if not then not.

Top tier comes from things like the details of the specs that the parts are made to, qc standards and practices, and proper assembly.

Stag Arms has always produced good quality ARs. I would not say that they are on the same level as LMT, BCM, and some other higher end ARs. In saying that, they are good middle of the road ARs. Remember, features do not necessarily determine where an AR rates. It is primarily the composition of the parts, craftsmanship, and performance that determine where an AR falls into place. Do not get caught in the 'tier" rating thing, especially based on the name.

Edited by TackleberryMCS

Stag Arms has always produced good quality ARs. I would not say that they are on the same level as LMT, BCM, and some other higher end ARs. In saying that, they are good middle of the road ARs. Remember, features do not necessarily determine where an AR rates. It is primarily the composition of the parts, craftsmanship, and performance that determine will determine where an AR falls into place. Do not get caught in the 'tier" rating thing, especially based on the name.

My thoughts as well.