Sign in to follow this  
Snake46

Texas to Canada

Left home (just north of Dallas) on the Harley at 6:30 this morning..283 since Washita Battleground and spending the night in Dodge City, KS..plan to continue through Nebraska to South Dakota..I want to see the Badlands, Sturgis, etc, but not while rally's going on..Mt Rushmore, Crazy Horse sculpture for sure..

Figure as long as I'm that close, if weather holds, on up through North Dakota and cross into Canada then head mostly west and come back into Montana..then head home..please let me know of things I don't want to miss..thanks..

Getting to old (72) for another 500 mile day tomorrow, but, retirement being a good thing, it will take as long as it takes..

• Like 1

Safe travels Brother.

Have a safe trip.

Sounds like a great trip. Keep safe Snake. Keep us updated on your trip.

Tons of stuff to see in the Black Hills, ya can stay 2-3 days and not see it all. Needles highway is a must, it's outside of Custer SD, the bottom of the black hills....

North and South units of the Badlands North Dakota are way out there in nowhere land, nice to see, nice ride, but nothing really special....

into Canada...skip it......not worth your time or money...instead go West across MT and to Kalispell......

Or take 90 west out of Sturgis....into Buffalo.....and across to Cody and the worlds largest firearms museum.... but it's getting renovated https://centerofthewest.org/explore/firearms/

From Cody into Yellowstone, the out the West Yellowstone to Ennis, over to Virginia City and Nevada City, back to the park and work your way south.....

Left home (just north of Dallas) on the Harley at 6:30 this morning..283 since Washita Battleground and spending the night in Dodge City, KS..plan to continue through Nebraska to South Dakota..I want to see the Badlands, Sturgis, etc, but not while rally's going on..Mt Rushmore, Crazy Horse sculpture for sure..
Figure as long as I'm that close, if weather holds, on up through North Dakota and cross into Canada then head mostly west and come back into Montana..then head home..please let me know of things I don't want to miss..thanks..
Getting to old (72) for another 500 mile day tomorrow, but, retirement being a good thing, it will take as long as it takes..

Just founds out the Bighorns in WY are gettins snow, forcast is 8 inches by morh=ning....

And the west part of the state is on fire the Roosevelt fire I think.....

Have a safe and fun trip. Keep us posted.

Thanks folks..the Canada thing isn't important, but I took the time to get a passport and figure a one day loop is called for..yep, not straying too far to the west before coming back down & keeping a close watch on the weather..most of the trip will be South Dakota..

Thanks folks..the Canada thing isn't important, but I took the time to get a passport and figure a one day loop is called for..yep, not straying too far to the west before coming back down & keeping a close watch on the weather..most of the trip will be South Dakota..

You route is too far East to be following the Continental Divide, correct ?

I hope you have an awesome and safe trip. Please check in.

John

Oh man, you are off on your "Easy Rider". I'm jealous for sure. God willing mine will be next season.

should be a good ride. lots of endless black ribbon to explore. enjoy, be safe, and bring back some pictures :D:

You route is too far East to be following the Continental Divide, correct ?

I hope you have an awesome and safe trip. Please check in.

John

Definitely more east..dropped down to 42 degrees today, which is doable..staying the night in North Platte, NE..

Oh man, you are off on your "Easy Rider". I'm jealous for sure. God willing mine will be next season.

Trying to make up for getting rained out in Mobile on the tried but couldn't get there Key West trip..not as many miles today, and I'm good with that..

Definitely more east..dropped down to 42 degrees today, which is doable..staying the night in North Platte, NE..

Have a great time Easy Rider !